Timbered House under construction

hotte8487
Sergeant

Re: Timbered House under construction

Post by hotte8487 »

At first I had no plan for the material for the colorful loops; I found these loops then in the craft store of my choice. There they had 3 mm narrow ribbon - 3 mm x 16 are approximately 50 mm in original that could match.
For blue and yellow I decided me spontaneously, ever bought a meter and so then I started to wrap them around the crown.
pic313.JPG
First once the lower ring and then with each color from top to bottom. A first sample hanging, still attached with terminals.
pic314.JPG
pic315.JPG
It’s so okay, but the attachment could something longer correspond to the carpentry trade. So was built a little attachment construction in three parts from the model carpenter.
pic316.JPG
pic317.JPG
And up on the roof with the topping out crown...
pic318.JPG
Looks fine…
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Tiger I early (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

The thinking is allowed to all people, but many are spared. (Curt Goetz 1888-1960)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

OK.........need to ask.............what is that crown for? 8O ...and did one of the roofers get hurt installing it ? :haha:

ALPHA
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

ALPHA wrote:OK.........need to ask.............what is that crown for? 8O ...and did one of the roofers get hurt installing it ? :haha:

ALPHA
Hi Alpha,

the topping out is a craftsmanship tradition in Germany (and in other countries too); the craftsmen have a little party if the structural work is finished or if the ridge beam was placed atop. And for this ceremony they have a crown - the topping out crown. I'm surprised that in your country this is not usual.
And important - nobody was injured at this ceremony...
...but at the other morning had many craftsman mild headaches. :shh:
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

The thinking is allowed to all people, but many are spared. (Curt Goetz 1888-1960)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

hotte8487 wrote:
ALPHA wrote:OK.........need to ask.............what is that crown for? 8O ...and did one of the roofers get hurt installing it ? :haha:

ALPHA
Hi Alpha,

the topping out is a craftsmanship tradition in Germany (and in other countries too); the craftsmen have a little party if the structural work is finished or if the ridge beam was placed atop. And for this ceremony they have a crown - the topping out crown. I'm surprised that in your country this is not usual.
Thanks for the lesson Hotte...I have never seen that before...even here where many traditions are melded together ...here you will find pre build blessings...some in between build Feng Shue stuff...but never a crowning ceremony .... would be cool if they did though lol

ALPHA
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

ALPHA wrote:
hotte8487 wrote:

ALPHA
Hi Alpha,

Thanks for the lesson Hotte...I have never seen that before...even here where many traditions are melded together ...here you will find pre build blessings...some in between build Feng Shue stuff...but never a crowning ceremony .... would be cool if they did though lol

ALPHA
You're welcome...
A few years ago I helped a friend to build his new house, I was his bricklayer. And so I came to enjoy a topping out ceremony, with suckling pig and beer and booze to drink. And after this party I was still at a Motörhead concert - this was real hard stuff :crazy:
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

hotte8487 wrote:
ALPHA wrote:

ALPHA
You're welcome...
A few years ago I helped a friend to build his new house, I was his bricklayer. And so I came to enjoy a topping out ceremony, with suckling pig and beer and booze to drink. And after this party I was still at a Motörhead concert - this was real hard stuff :crazy:
:haha: :haha: :haha: The celebration process sound very close to being the same though lol...We may not put something on the top of the house... but we sure eat and drink..... they call it beer busting here though :haha: ...no motorhead concert after though lol.... as I recall you didn't really want any sounds pounding on your brain the next day :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

ALPHA wrote:
hotte8487 wrote:
ALPHA wrote:

ALPHA
You're welcome...
:haha: :haha: :haha: The celebration process sound very close to being the same though lol...We may not put something on the top of the house... but we sure eat and drink..... they call it beer busting here though :haha: ...no motorhead concert after though lol.... as I recall you didn't really want any sounds pounding on your brain the next day :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Next day I couldn't hear any sounds - was still numb, but otherwise my head was fine...
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

hotte8487 wrote:
ALPHA wrote: :haha: :haha: :haha: The celebration process sound very close to being the same though lol...We may not put something on the top of the house... but we sure eat and drink..... they call it beer busting here though :haha: ...no motorhead concert after though lol.... as I recall you didn't really want any sounds pounding on your brain the next day :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Next day I couldn't hear any sounds - was still numb, but otherwise my head was fine...
LOL...It's not good to stand next to the speakers :haha:

ALPHA
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

ALPHA wrote:
hotte8487 wrote:
ALPHA wrote: :haha: :haha: :haha: The celebration process sound very close to being the same though lol...We may not put something on the top of the house... but we sure eat and drink..... they call it beer busting here though :haha: ...no motorhead concert after though lol.... as I recall you didn't really want any sounds pounding on your brain the next day :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
LOL...It's not good to stand next to the speakers :haha:

ALPHA
I have always the feeling, that my position is all the same at a Motörhead concert...
afterwards always a whistling in my ears...
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

It's going to the end - not with me but with the house; the dioramas small parts were aged somewhat and brought into position. Here are the scaffold jacks in the ground floor...
pic319.JPG
pic320.JPG
pic321.JPG
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

Return to “Battlefield Buildings”