Taylor Field Armor Association field build

Wizzard033
Corporal

Taylor Field Armor Association field build

Post by Wizzard033 »

Lubbock Oddball Tanker Society L.O.T.S. for short :clap:

I'm new to the RC tank battle scene but myself as well as some friends are all having some fun with driving and modeling. I thought I'd post some pics of our battlefield as it progresses. Keep in mind all thins are subject to change as we see fit and nothing is really final.

We are using a 200' x 70' area for or battlefield. We plan to have many different varieties of terrain and obstacles to include a mountainous area(The Alps), a forested section(The Ardenes), a river(The Rhine), a lake, an ocean(English Channel) few small villages, a larger town, and at least one airfield. all with miniatures and structures.

We plan to have different structures as objectives such as headquarters, town halls, and aircraft hangers. and use them in such ways to have organized strategies as well as free-for-all battles.

All input, suggestions, advice and comments are welcome(hint, hint). :thumbup:

Photos will be added as we make progress

At any rate here are some pics.

First one of our members "Tim" was working on a RC rock crawler pit with some trails and and a few different obstacles. I thought I'd join in on the build and decided I could build some switch backs and a trestle bridge in an utilized area. I started with the Bridge.

Two of our members Bulldogs in formation atop the trestle bridge
Last edited by Wizzard033 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImage
Wizzard033
Corporal

Re: Taylor Field Armor Association field build

Post by Wizzard033 »

Next I added some 'roll roofing' as an asphalt. That idea came from the Texas Armor Assn. Here are some pics or the switch backs I made. Keep in mind these are still under construction. i plan to add allot more rocks and trees here.

A pic from the top of the hill. The road to the right leads to the trestle bridge

This view shows the formation heading down the road into the valley

There's my Tiger at the top of the switch backs with a PzrIV up front heading down into the valley

The valley is to the right. My Tiger I sits on the pass.
Last edited by Wizzard033 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

couple more shots of the PzrIV
ImageImage
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

These shots are facing across the valley (foreground) and another bridge which is located where we will have a rather large village. The trestle is just to the right.

There will be a functional river flowing under the bridges and heading to a lake which is in the background

Here is the river under construction with some of our members and a few of the local ankle bitters
Last edited by Wizzard033 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

Next are a few shots of a bridge another member built. The first pics faces towards what will be a lake (English channel).

This pic faces the oposite direction toward the mountains/Valley (The Alps)

Here are a couple with some armor onboard
ImageImage
ricky
Recruit

Post by ricky »

hi my name is ricky taylor.i am one of the founding members. we are still in the nameing process as of the moment. taylor field tankers association or lubbock oddball tankers society. we will post final name later. we welcome any input as we progress. there was a typo on the field size. its 200 feet by 75 feet.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Well done guy's I would like to visit your field on my next trip to Texas, I have a brother in Dallas. And have been planning another trip back to the USS Texas and the San Jacinto battle field, you know were the Tennessee volunteers under the command of Sam Houston kicked the stuffing out of the Mexican army and Santa Anna. But would a bunch of Texan's welcome a German Tanker from Tennessee? I'm sure they would,killer field guy's really like the bridges, SWITCH BACKS ARE A DEATH TRAP FOR A COLUMN. But i'm sure this will be discovered in the coming battles. Great Job hope you guy's have fun, Saxondog
BATTLE SHIP U.S.S.TEXAS%40SAN JACINTO BATTLE FIELD TEXAS.jpg
BATTLE SHIP U.S.S.TEXAS%40SAN JACINTO BATTLE FIELD TEXAS.jpg (164.68 KiB) Viewed 8061 times
shanksow
Recruit

Post by shanksow »

Hello -

This is turning out to be a fun project.
[b]Don W. Shanks[/b]
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

EDIT! :wtf:
ImageImage
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

few more changes have been implemented. Tim is building an aircraft hanger. It's about 4' x 8' and looks like it will be very nice. It could accommodate several scale craft. Seth's' mountain and tunnel are coming along. And I have a few materials I've purchased for finishing up the trestle bridge.

Here's Tim's' freshly painted Panzer III and he's still continuing to add details. Looking good Tim. :clap:

ImageImage

Return to “Battlefield Construction”