A concrete shed

wibblywobbly
Major

A concrete shed

Post by wibblywobbly »

This is a simple concrete shed. Made out of styrene, daubed with Milliput for that uneven concrete surface, and then painted with watered down grey acrylics with black added along the way to get the textured roughcast look. I also sprinkled white talcum powder onto the wet paint and stippled it in to add to the effect.

The door is a piece of styrene with grooves cut in it for the planked effect, then painted brown, and washed to fill the grooves. The doorknob and hinges were painted on.

The MG came from my Bulldog. The MG base was made from the cheap version of JB Weld that B&Q sell. It was just moulded and allowed to set.

I did try making my own sandbags using first aid dressings but that didn't work, so I wll have to try something else. I might add either a ladder going up to the roof, or put a hatch in the roof so that the gunners can get to the MG.

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Re: A concrete shed

Post by mcevoyi »

hi there wibbly

i like that .. was thinking about doing somthing along thouse line ...

nice one !
A tidy desk
is a sure sign of a sick mind ?
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

looks great, and the paintjob looks the part too! :D

well done,

Matt
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

nice work Rob
OdysseySlipways
Recruit

Post by OdysseySlipways »

am interested in seeing what it looks like and how the sand bags turned out, but don't see any pictures ....
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

don't see any pictures .... me too !
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

An invisible concrete shed: even more impressive! :haha: :eh: Problem with exhuming some of these fascinating ancient threads is that they appear ( sometimes) a wee 'threadbare'. I suppose some posts have redacted entries.
In any event, Wibb's description gives a good flavour of what the shed must have looked like ;)

(Note: this 'auto-correct' feature turned 'concrete' into 'concert'.. and I didnae notice at first. Why would anyone want a 'concert shed' on a model tank website? 'Auto-correct' works a little like those pickers on supermarket
home deliveries supplying alternate products when the one ordered is not available. E.g. 'Galaxy' Chocolate supplied instead of 'panty-liners..how does that work? :lolno: or crusty rolls instead of camomile tea bags.
Caveat emptor, boys! :D ) Hence the timely edit...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

I thought my eye sight had finally gone, Rob no pics ?

John

Return to “Battlefield Construction”