Battlefield in the Open-air Tank Museum

50koruny
Lance Corporal

Battlefield in the Open-air Tank Museum

Post by 50koruny »

Hi,
let me introduce our big project - Battlefield just in the middle of the tank museum.Cca 2km from my house in Banská Bystrica, Slovakia, is Museum of SNP (Slovak National Uprising) with nice display of the WWII tanks.We have great opportunity to build some Battlefield for the RC tanks inside of the museum areal.Its situated under the armored train and german vehicles.We have free hand inside our reserved place and museum staff is full of great and helpful guys.Space reserved for the battlefield is in the hill and is average sized, still work in progress.We have few nice buildings, bridges, fountain, church, bunker.Lot of guys are working on the railway right now.I am going to build some garden around our functional fountain.
Every building is from the bricks and concrete.Every tree is a living tree.Its a little bit hard to find a 1/16 scale living flowers but we are trying :) .
Battlefield is permanently improving and reworking.We want to make it best as can be, because of that amazing placement.

I take a lot of pictures next time.

Today i vent there for installation of the functional clock for the church :lolno:

There is the cheapest chinese wall clock mechanism with simple extensions for clock hands and tube around.Mechanism is fixed to the tube like classic wall clock - with nut.Core is packed in the (Anycubic :haha: ) sachet.

facebook.com/warprints
50koruny
Lance Corporal

Re: Battlefield in the Open-air Tank Museum

Post by 50koruny »

Hi,
i am back with more pictures.Few days ago was the biggest show of the year, so i have some photos from other RC tank guys.
I dont have maked even one photo, again :{ .
Here is video by Pancier and photos of Skydrive87, Pancier and ScoutT34.Thank You, guys.
This pictures are not focused on the buildings, but still...

phpBB [video]

facebook.com/warprints
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Very nice display Tomas, looks like you had a good size crowd to entertain as well :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

Tomas, This is a wonderful display! The crowd looks like they are into it, as much as you and the other Members are! Thanks for sharing the video and the photographs with us all.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
50koruny
Lance Corporal

Post by 50koruny »

Thank you, both.
Display is still growing.I dont know how huge this can be 2-3 years later.
This is very unique place to be unused.
Meeting was great.There was a lot of people from the far away places (more than 500km of distance) because of this battlefield.
And crowd - yes.Was huge like every year.Our meeting is a part of the central celebrations of the Slovak national uprising, so its really big.
It was about 20k people there.Crazy.
facebook.com/warprints
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Fantastic :thumbup:
Thank you for sharing this.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Battlefield Construction”