Bridge over the River Wye

wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Bridge over the River Wye

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just got back from a whizz round France, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, France on my motorcycle...sorry if I didn't reply!

Yep, UPVA is the white runny wood glue, bought in tubs and very cheap. It can be diluted and bonds all sorts of model scenic terrain and stuff to base boards, it is the saviour of the model railway enthusiasts. The great thing is that although it starts off white it dries crystal clear, so you can use it on anything from grass textures to earth or gravel, and it will leave it looking nice and natural.

For the fine stuff many use an empty kitchen spray bottle and mist it over the terrain. It is very easy to use and very economical..but it can take a few days to dry properly, so be patient!

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Dammit, had to spend £5 on some more tile glue. It's getting there. Need to think about some grass and maybe some barbed wire now.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
vonrundstedt
Staff Sergeant

Post by vonrundstedt »

That bridge looks excellent! ive got my wife's uncle building me some, so ill show him yours to give him a standered to try and work to ;D
"He knows every thing about nothing, and not so much about that, if you know somebody who knows what he knows, then you must know....someone quite thick!
vonrundstedt
Staff Sergeant

Post by vonrundstedt »

Hello again, just wondering, what are the dimensions of the bridge?
"He knows every thing about nothing, and not so much about that, if you know somebody who knows what he knows, then you must know....someone quite thick!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

vonrundstedt wrote: That bridge looks excellent! ive got my wife's uncle building me some, so ill show him yours to give him a standered to try and work to ;D
I like your style!

The bridge is in three sections, two ramps, and the main part. The ramps are held in place by velcro as the last thing I want is a tank knocking a ramp off and plunging into the abyss.

The ramps are about 2' 0", and the main part is 4' 0".

The height of the bridge is adjustable, it depends on how good the tank is at gradients. It sits on a frame that can have extra blocks put on the underside to elevate it. It is made out of batten, and 4x2 all sourced cheaply from B & Q, with a plywood road base. It is very strong, I designed it so that tanks would not knock it to pieces or fall off the edge etc.

I hope that helps!

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
vonrundstedt
Staff Sergeant

Post by vonrundstedt »

Thats fantastic, thank you.

Regards, Luke ;D

Return to “Battlefield Construction”