Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Jussek
Sergeant

Re: Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Post by Jussek »

Place de la ville Saint Michel

Hi again chaps

While another group member of the PzGr. Tarraco is finishing two super detailed 15cm sfF18 (i will post a complete report once they are finished), two of us have designed and build the main square of the future French town that will be built in the Panzodrom, with a working fountain and lamps.

So here you are a little step by step

The main square is 58x58cm.

This is the fountain

the work to made her functional begins

the water pump, with a piece of plastic that will glued inside to close the upper part of the statue base so there will be not losing of water pressure

First test

These little holes are there so the water can recirculate, they are invisible while under water

first test with the assembly done

now the deco components of the square. They are made with polystyrene and real bricks

the day that the other members of our club ‘meet’ the square ;-)

the tiles are too from clay

this was a really laborious work, to glue the tiles one by one…

the next deco component, the public benches, made with a 3d printer and painted with acrylics and oils

primed

the metal parts are painted with Tamiya gun metal and black, and then with black oils, and the wood parts are painted with Tamiya flesh and then with oils.

The benches in different painting stages

And finished

Meanwhile, the work on the square continues

The land for the gardens is made with pine bark, pulverized

First light test

After the tiles are finished, we protected the work with varnish, so the weathering will no harm them too much

Applying the grout to the tiles

Weathering

some damage to one ot the gardens, some bullet holes and an AP impact

And the lampposts, here we are following the same technic used on the bridge, so they can be removed in case of necessity

This is all the work done until today, we have only to finish the lamps bases and then we will use magnets to secure them to the ‘gardens’

A short video so you can see the water running

phpBB [video]

https://youtu.be/8hDctG2YnpA

best regards!
Last edited by Jussek on Sat May 14, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

thanks maxmekker!

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I've run out of superlatives. Every post looks better and better, and I get greener and greener with envy.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

thank you very much silversurfer!
Jussek

Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi again chaps!

some new advances on the Pz.Gr. Tarraco scenery ;D

we are making several small 'scenes' with figures build up on them, so we will put them on the ground to achieve some sort of dynamism.

time for some US forces, as we have several M1919 Browing MG, we built two of them in these little scenes in order to quick put them on place when necessary. the first one, with the gunners in fire position, and the second one, with the gunners on the run in the moment they were about to 'plant' the tripod mount and the gun.

the scene composition

the building up with rocks, stones, tree trunks, and ground, all mixed and fixed with carpenter's glues and water (as always)

after the ground is dry and rock solid, we glue the figures in place

here the second scene

when all the ground will be dry and hard, we will put some green on these scenes, unfortunatelly, I thouthg too late to put the 'green' beforehand :/ , like in the next scene, using some strips of artificial grass...

in this new scene will be a 7,5cm PaK40 concealed behind a trunk and some broken wooden fences

the gun already painted

the scene composition

with the turfs and shrubbery, tree trunk, rocks and figure's bases glued in place (not the gun)

covering the shell with the everlasting compound mix of little stones, beach sand and real dirt and ground with diluted white glue

putting the gun and crew in place in order to get the marks on the ground, we will glue them next week, once the compound had dried.

stay tuned because we will use a lot of ammunition boxes for this gun and the 7 FlaK36 that will be really dazzling masterpieces! ;D 8) designed and built by a member of our club, made of real wood, they will be the most accurate and detailed models probably you have ever seen. I can¡t post pics yet, he is building up the catalog and instruction sheets for the assembly of every model, because he has a shop and they will be on sale soon... :thumbup:

that's all for now!

best regards and thanks for watching
Last edited by Jussek on Sat May 14, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jussek

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

This is by far the best battlefield in the world, the work you have put into every component is amazing. Thanks for all of the pics, they are a great tutorial for anyone who wants to build anything similar. :thumbup:

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

wibblywobbly wrote:This is by far the best battlefield in the world, the work you have put into every component is amazing. Thanks for all of the pics, they are a great tutorial for anyone who wants to build anything similar. :thumbup:

Rob
thank you very much Rob! :thumbup:
Jussek

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Its things like this that without doubt, mark the stick high for all that have interest in this hobby.
I will say again, IF there can ever be a world expo for 1/16th tanks, it shall be at Mr Jusseks and his teams battleground.

Hats off to you and your mates, superb work.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Its things like this that without doubt, mark the stick high for all that have interest in this hobby.
I will say again, IF there can ever be a world expo for 1/16th tanks, it shall be at Mr Jusseks and his teams battleground.

Hats off to you and your mates, superb work.
Hi mate! thank you very much! :{ :{
Jussek

Tankenthusiast99
Recruit

Post by Tankenthusiast99 »

Your work and dedication to complete this ongoing project of yours is truly awe inspiring. It takes creative and reaourceful minds to be able to complete such detailed
,original, and genious work. I truly wish i could take part in the creation of this battle raising war ground. I wish you guys the best of luck not that youll need it. I wish i could go visit this battle ground aswell.
There are no bad tanks only bad operators :)

Return to “Battlefield Construction”