Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Jussek
Sergeant

Re: Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Post by Jussek »

heya guys!

Last weekend at the Panzodrom we also joined in the commemorations of the 77th anniversary of Operation Overlord, and for the first time we had a meeting that lasted the entire weekend, including night operations!

great atmosphere, great dinner, campfire, perfect camping, some rain, great breakfast, great lunch, and great companions. I got really tired of the preparations, but we all finished tremendously satisfied and wanting to repeat.

here you have a lot of photos, as you can see, very few decent ones have come out at night ... (not sure if this is related to alcohol, or light ... or both ...)

first, the night shots, i've waited for years to see the reflections of the postlamps on the water!

this is the procedure to install the main bridge... we need two overweight cranes to install the stone brige... :haha:

some 'fog of war' pictures

after this hot situation, some river crossing was mandatory!

but it was not enough, once i've returned home, i had to use a water hose to clean the lower hull, the roadwheels, the tracks, and the belly of the tanks! ;D

we have a friend who is designing and laser cutting accessories for the houses in 1/16!

so, if anyone is interested, drop me a line, i will talk to him and ask for models and prices

and some more pictures of the vehicles

and the last one, the group foto!

best regards!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Looks way better than a movie set. Jaw dropping realism and impressive display of teamwork.
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

Jimster wrote:Looks way better than a movie set. Jaw dropping realism and impressive display of teamwork.

thanks mate!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jussek,

The Panzodrom never fails to amaze me! Absolutely love the night shots and pictures of the KT in the smoke! :clap: The night shots look incredibly realistic for wartime conditions! The bridge is also amazing! I can only imagine how fun that place is! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

thanks Eric!

is so fun to drive there mate, so fun! and in FPV is still better... and scary!
Jussek

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I knew it would be a world class venue !!
Sun, beer, fantastic terrain, ambience of night lighting to set the mood !!
Brilliant.
And great to see it’s a family group that are behind it too.
Now if you all could get Mr Marquez to get better soon, that would top off your high status :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Looks fantastic once again Jussek :clap: what a place you and your colleagues have created, once this pandemic is over you should consider thinking about starting to run package tank weekend retreats :D now that would be a great holiday, as Herman said, sun, beer, stunning setting and of course TANKS what more could you want ( or possibly go wrong :eh: :haha: :haha: ) seriously good work though :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
xhelfix
Lance Corporal

Post by xhelfix »

Hey Jussek,

WoW.....fantastik, totaly lovely, all stuff und things, realy goot to look at it! THANKS for shering this pics!

Greetz! Andy
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I knew it would be a world class venue !!
Sun, beer, fantastic terrain, ambience of night lighting to set the mood !!
Brilliant.
And great to see it’s a family group that are behind it too.
Now if you all could get Mr Marquez to get better soon, that would top off your high status :thumbup:
well mate, this was a rehearsal! to see what improvements would be necessary just in case an international rally takes place someday... ;D
Model Builder 4 wrote:Looks fantastic once again Jussek :clap: what a place you and your colleagues have created, once this pandemic is over you should consider thinking about starting to run package tank weekend retreats :D now that would be a great holiday, as Herman said, sun, beer, stunning setting and of course TANKS what more could you want ( or possibly go wrong :eh: :haha: :haha: ) seriously good work though :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
oooh, and a little swiming pool too... we have to clean it, now is like a little micro biocosm :lolno:
xhelfix wrote:Hey Jussek,

WoW.....fantastik, totaly lovely, all stuff und things, realy goot to look at it! THANKS for shering this pics!

Greetz! Andy
Viele Danke Andy!

thanks guys for your king words!

next step, to build an automated irrigation system!

best regards
Jussek

Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

good morning chaps

we have been busy lately with the automated irrigation system. Lots of work to dig the ditches where the lot of pipage has to be.
we are building also the pipes to fill the river, the (future) lake, the pond and of course, as we get the water from a well, a water tank inside the old farmhouse, because we will be irrigating from this reservoir. Lots o meters of pipes... :crazy:

here, from the well to the different places we have to fill

to the pond, this water will be an emergency reservoir in case the well runs low on water.

to the old farmhouse where the cistern is

in these pics we see only the pipes that come from the well, there are several more now, the output pipes to the 6 diferent irrigation sectors (no pics)

testing locations of the rotary sprinklers prior to bury them in there ditches once tested and checking that the water reaches every corner

and after some trials and corrections of the rotary sprinklers...

these days we are running the system manuallly, the 'brain' of the system, the electronic pumping unit is still under construction

to this day, when watering the panzodrom with a pump and a hose, we only took care of the trees and certain specific parts, not the grass, but from now on all the surface is cared of, first consequence... i've to mown the grass every week now! :haha:

best regards!
Jussek

Return to “Battlefield Construction”