Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Jussek
Sergeant

Re: Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Post by Jussek »

hello guys

maybe someone will remember what i posted a few months ago:
Jussek wrote: yesterday we made a good progress remaking the riverbed, 350Kg of cement more, we are closing the gap step by step. Once we get past the bridge, we will have a lot of work, because I want to change several thing there.

so... we finished the year working hard on the riverbed, and i can call it completed, except some minor touches. ;D

since the last pic posted above, we have arrived past the bridge

and then began to demolish the northern shore, and dig and dig... with the ground extracted from there we have build a new hill on the new lake shore :haha:

the objective is to have a wider river in this location, when full of water the watermark will be just under the bridge access, and also we will demolish the 'watchpath' on the southern shore, and build a large pier, or seafront (or riverfront! LOL)

these cinder blocs will be removed, the ground behind them too (yep, more hills on the new lake zone ;D ) and there will be a big riverfront with houses behind, someday :crazy:

after rebuilding all this area, we continued with the reconstrucction of the riverbed

and finished it!

we are going ahead, slow but going!

best regards!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
xhelfix
Lance Corporal

Post by xhelfix »

Hey Jussek,

realy good!
Thanks for updating us :clap:

Greetz, Andy
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jussek,

You're dedication to building the ultimate playground is amazing! I would pay good money to be allowed a chance to drive around that impressive battlefield! :thumbup:

Watching and drooling with rapt attention,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

Thanks guys!

Eric, you can drive here for free mate! ;D
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Me too, me too!
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

Jimster wrote:Me too, me too!
Of course, you too! ;D

Anybody who is able to come here will drive for free, the bbq and beer is another matter... :lolno:
Jussek

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Beer :problem: .................
Once this globe we share goes back to "normal" in whatever shape that happens to be, I will bring the duty-free Jack Daniels, and a raging appetite for Seafood Paella to your slice of Spain & get amongst it.
Then, go to a Moto GP race to watch Marc Marquez win another race.
Then........Then I could drop dead on the spot, happy and fulfilled................ :thumbup:

Until then, you and your guys keep up the fantastic & dedicated effort on that magnificent venue.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Beer :problem: .................
Once this globe we share goes back to "normal" in whatever shape that happens to be, I will bring the duty-free Jack Daniels, and a raging appetite for Seafood Paella to your slice of Spain & get amongst it.
Then, go to a Moto GP race to watch Marc Marquez win another race.
Then........Then I could drop dead on the spot, happy and fulfilled................ :thumbup:

Until then, you and your guys keep up the fantastic & dedicated effort on that magnificent venue.
LOL, this i've to see come true mate! ;D
Jussek

Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

good morning sirs

we have had several issues latelly on the Panzodrom grounds with intruders, people who do not understand the the meaning of private property, and not only that, but they are dedicated to vandalizing >:<

the owner has a large area of land, and in some limits this is not fenced, or it was so old that with the years the fence has colapsed and vanished, there are people who simply goes through the property, for a walk, walking their dogs or riding horses, which normally we do not care, unless they get into 'our' Panzodrom sector, there have already been cases where recently planted trees have been stolen from us. The dangerous ones are those who come with bad intentions, to see what they could steal, or by simple vandalism.
This week the neighbor has warned us several times that someone has dedicated himself to burning old tires next to the old farmhouse, right where there is a huge 20m cypress tree that died many years ago. This tree leans towards the farmhouse, and is so dry that the fire from the tires ignited it quickly. The Panzodrom is located in an area where the winds are very strong. If the tree burns or falls, it would do so on the farmhouse, and the Panzodrom project would end at that time. You can imagine our concern and anguish.

We have obtained permission from the owner of the land to fence the Panzodrom and the farmhouse, if everything goes well it will be fenced at the end of the month

but before executing the "Unternehmen Zaun", the dead tree had to be removed :crazy:

So this weekend we have rented a truck with a lifting basket and we have 'disassembled' the tree with great care. ;D

First we dedicated ourselves to cutting the branches into small stumps, becasuse the electric cable that feeds the Panzodrom passes just below ... so you could not simply cut the branch and let it fall to the ground 8O

the main tree trunk already stripped of branches

After peeling the trunk, we cut small sections and with ropes we made them fall towards the opposite side of the house

Until we reached the final section, about 6m high, here the trunk was so thick that our mechanical saws could not cut it, so we had to make it fall in one piece

and luckily we have cut the tree, you can see that it was very rotten, any day one of the gales would have made it fall.

Taking advantage of the fact that we had the lifting basket all weekend, we cut another tree, a walnut, that was very sick and half rotten inside, which bothered the growth of the Panzodrom plants

after these works were finished, this is the view from the basket (the other tree is a linden, and it has been well trimed, but the pic was taken before)

we are completely exhausted and sore, but very satisfied and eager to mount the fence :thumbup:

best regards!
Jussek

Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Stupid people are the reason why we can't have nice things.

Anyway, looking great from Stuka view ;)

Return to “Battlefield Construction”