Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Jussek
Sergeant

Re: Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Post by Jussek »

hotte8487 wrote:Awesome as ever...
In Berlin we had yesterday 10 degrees under zero and so we can't do anything; do you have in Tarraco already springtime? 8O
hi Hotte! Viele Danke!

yep, my garden is already awakening... but alas! this big siberian air weave that is crossing the whole of Europe has arrived here too, and today It has been snowing at sea level all day and will continue tonight. This morning the Panzodrom had a subtle white cover, unfortunately i've no pictures, anyway the snow has lasted minutes because the ground was wet, so it melted as quick as it was fallen.
HERMAN BIX wrote:The MotoGP season starts soon mate, can you confirm this season or realistically next ??!!!!
I trust your team can get it completed during this off - season so when you open, we can go watch Marquez win another world championship!!
Tanks and motogp in Spain........,...nothing else would come close
LOL mate! this season the seventh race will take place on 17th June (nº7 - CATALUNYA GP - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya), i doubt there will be enough time to make all the work pending :crazy:

we are late to seed the vegetal cover, the ants are already sticking their heads out anywhere in the Panzodrom and they will take away all the seeds in no time. We will have to wait some more months.

best regards guys!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hello guys

as always, some more pics of the advances...

this time, we build up some retaining walls made with stones and rocks, for protect the slope of the hill between the well and the river and hold the ground there preventing it from slide to the riverded because of the rain

also, with the same system, we made this widening on the watch-path next to the river shore, so it can pass a tank -in theory, if you dare... ;D -

a general view of this area

aaaand, we tested the gorge and whirlpool, the whirlpool has a good flow rate but not too much pressure, so the water is being held between the rocks of the ravine without splashing out

phpBB [video]

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

spring has come and blossomed :crazy:

in less than a month the weeds had exploded, i've worked as a farmer for almost two days to eradicate the 'bad' vegetation, and 'i've left some species that might be ok once well reaped.

this is how it looked 3 days ago:

note the river, it's empty right?

so two days ago we had heavy rains, and look what i found friday when i went to pull out from the root the undesired species:

and after selecting the undesirable and rip them off:

i've left two species i want to spread, These will serve until february, when we will sow some carpet covering species.

and then, today, Albert and I went to do some building work:

one more day of work and we will finish the bridge's access

best regards!
Jussek

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jussek simply amazing work. :clap: :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Could it be a Bridge to Far !!!

Shaping up so nice mate, and a bit of water adds more life to the scene.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi again chaps

thanks you very much for your kind words mates! :thumbup:

some more pics, the past weekend we finished the bridge's fittings, also we made the river dock's platform:

yesterday, for more than 4 hours, Albert and I fought bitterly to clean up the riverded. In the pics of my previous posts you can see it full with turbid waters full of dirt and dust in suspension. We had to use tools, ever our hands, a blowing machine and pressure water to tear off the crust on the river surface. We both ended up wet and full of mud and dust, but we succeeded ;D

tomorrow we have a rc tank meeting and we wanted the river clean and with crystal waters again!

unfortunately the weather cast is not on our side... maybe we will must make a sacrifice to the to the Nordic weather god... :{ ... Thor are you there mate? ;D

and as a bonus, a friend of us (who is not member of the club because he lives too far but come from time to time) has done this simple engineer's bridge as a present to our club, with a transport box included! This will be put on the second crossing of the river, yep, the place where we will blow up the stone bridge (yet to be done ex profeso for this)

best regards!
Jussek

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Look the bridge, very cool.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi chaps

past sunday we had the long awaited rc meeting, as it was predicted, the weather was a big issue. It was a rainy day, so we were unable to install any scenography. Luckily from time to time the sun made an appearance and we could put the bridge in place to take several pics and do some tanking.

this is what th yard looks now:

some pics of the tanking

and the fitting of the bridge ;D

the first to go through the bridge was the KöTi:

phpBB [video]

well, FPV is a blast, as anyone that has tested it can tell you, BUT driving through goggles down the watch-path next to the river shore is thrilling and scaring!

phpBB [video]

we ended up making this trip... all of us! with all the vehicles... who said fear? :haha: :haha:

we have several more videos we took from the drone, but i've to 'remove' the fisheye effects and to cut them smaller. I will upload them a.s.a.p.

best regards!
Jussek

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I think I am speaking for everyone when I say absolutely outstanding, but then we have come to expect nothing less. Oh for a battlefield one tenth as good as this!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

silversurfer1947 wrote:I think I am speaking for everyone when I say absolutely outstanding, but then we have come to expect nothing less. Oh for a battlefield one tenth as good as this!
I can never give enough thanks for such kind comments :{ :{ :clap: :clap:

and now, a few short videos we took from the drone:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

best regards sirs!
Jussek

Return to “Battlefield Construction”