Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

Re: Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Post by rolling-thunder »

Jussek wrote:hi all

rolling-thunder wrote:I have just found this thread. I'm astounded at the level of skill & dedication shown, not to ignore all the hard graft. Do you intend on being very selective with shrubs so you can have small Trees?
you are so kind for your comments mate. And yes, we want to be selective! periodically we clean the ground of weeds that do not serve as plants to our scale, and left spread the ones that we think are ok. We also have already several scale 'threes' ;D

best regards
You all to be commended. I hope you get to finish {if you will ever be finished?} & have fun with your Tanks.
Stay safe. RT
I am the Law!
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

rolling-thunder wrote:
Jussek wrote:hi all
You all to be commended. I hope you get to finish {if you will ever be finished?} & have fun with your Tanks.
Stay safe. RT
thank you very much RT, we also wonder if we will be able to finish the work...

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi guys

yesterday we did some more work on the riverbed. As we realised some days ago, the riverbed needed to be raised a bit, so this we did, and also we did the stone bridge fixed pillars... in this point the river will be quite a bit deep, bear in mind the the highest water level will be 1 to 2 cm below the bridge lower point...

installing the pillars and also making the river port

rising the river banks quite a bit

after 'weathering' the concrete ;)

'finetuning' the bridge's pillars

the bridge on its pillars

here you can see how it is still far for completed, we have yet to finish the bridge 'sockets' on both ends, it must fit like a glove there... and then we will have to build up the road on both ends, at the same level for about 2m at each side, then we will make the road to descend to ground level...

thanks for watching chaps!

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
FLYING_
Recruit

Post by FLYING_ »

Good job! :thumbup:
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hello chaps

a new addition to the Panzodrom Scenery... the entrance of a warehouse on the river harbour. It's not finished yet, we have to make and install some working lamps and to paint the inner part of the roof

this will be installed next to the bridge, so the arc's stones are very similar to the ones used in the bridge.

is't so simple, as usual in our buildings, the base and the parts that will be in contact with the terrain and the 'fixed' building of the warehouse (made with concrete blocks) are made from parquet plates, and the 4 walls are made with extruded polystyrene, the roof and the ground tiles are made from foamy sheets

making the arcs and the stones, the cutter was used to do some modifications to the work done with the solder iron :

while painting the stone arcs:

second pass of white paint on the walls to cover the excess from paint the stones of the arcs

covering and filling the cracks and joints of the different walls with milliput

marking and cutting the ground tiles, with an iron solder

painting the ground and first weathering on the white walls

also made some weathering on the roof tiles

and the final weathering on the walls, with oils, to get an aged and dirty look:

tomorrow i will paint the inner part of the roof and glue all the parts together, if i can i will made some pictures with natural light.

best regards!
Last edited by Jussek on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jussek

Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Great thread this.

A water feature - especially as well done as yours is always a massive plus. :thumbup:
Super buildings too.

Can't wait to see more progress.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Post by Artyfist »

As always, fantastic
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

This is just brilliant work i applaud your dedication and diligence. Keep up the great work

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hey chaps, thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words! :thumbup:

and now, as i said, a few pics made on the outside

it's only one thing left to do to this piece, install some working lamps, one hanging from the porch's roof and one between the arcs, i've to source them yet... any advice?

best regards
Jussek

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Looks like a film set, not a model!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Battlefield Construction”