Resistance for Smoker

Smoke creating devices!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Resistance for Smoker

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
Question to Mr. Rad ,
Is this kind if resistance ,suitable for you systéme smoke ??tank you in advance for you help :thumbup:
10 Homs 2 w
IMG_6532.JPG
IMG_6532.JPG (77.47 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
Source caractèristiques:
https://composant-electronique.fr/resis ... p8QAvD_BwE
Rad_Schuhart

Re: Resistance for Smoker

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Question to me? I feel honored, lol.

The first entry I wrote on my website was about the smoke generators. You can take a look at it, under the tutorial section. It has some things that will be corrected and expanded very soon.

What a coincidence, last week I started researching how to make better, more reliable and less hot smoke machines, so I kept asking all the experts. RCtanks australia, IBU, open panzer, clark... I'd say the general consensus is to use nichrome wire, about 20-24cm long, 0.1mm thick or so.

Mi personal experience with resistors is they take more time to heat (and hence to produce smoke) than the nichrome wire, but once they do, they produce heaps of smoke... And also heaps of heat, making the plastic enclosure almost untoucheable and risking the tank electronics.

If you are using a hobby grade radio it is safe to do any experiment. Just get a 2.50 free shipping ESC and test giving several voltages to it until you produce the smoke you want. I have that system in some of my tanks. I manually control the smoke output with a potentiometer.

For standard heng long electronics it seems something between 7-10 ohms 0,5w can work, but there are a lot of variables, like if you are using a pump or a fan, super smoke oil, baby oil or glycerine, what kind of wick...

What I can tell you is at this very moment I am planning to do experiments with a 12v fan, nichrome wire, kevlar as a wick and baby oil as fuel.

Il publish the end results but it will take a lot of time until the parts arrive from china. Hope it helped somehow.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Thank you Rad :thumbup:
I took liberty,following the reading,( in favorites in my PC :D )of your excellent articles,very well explained,and I leaned a lot by reading them
My radio is FST6,for all my tanks,difficult programming not of my age :thumbdown: .
Allow me and MP for other informations ? So as not to pollute the forum? Si you OK
Good evening.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jofaur86 wrote:Thank you Rad :thumbup:
I took liberty,following the reading,( in favorites in my PC :D )of your excellent articles,very well explained,and I leaned a lot by reading them
My radio is FST6,for all my tanks,difficult programming not of my age :thumbdown: .
Allow me and MP for other informations ? So as not to pollute the forum? Si you OK
Good evening.
Hi, thanks for the kind words :D

It is always better to answer any questions in the open forum than in private because it can help more people.
The FST6 is not the radio that I would use at all, but for this experiment is more than adequate. You just need to plug a cheap ESC to a free channel of the receiver, also to any source of power (the same battery as the tank will work too and asign something to control it. In that radio Id asign any of the two potentiometers it has.

The more you turn it, the more smoke the smoke machine should produce. I dont think you can burn those ESCs at all with those tests.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Thanks Rad : :D
ike know your opinion :haha: on radios !!!but my knowledge being very,very far from yours,i preferred to play it simple,even y five Confess ,to having watched another guy B| Like QX7 ?but for me :{

Return to “Smokers”