Taigen VS Heng Long

Smoke creating devices!
PershingLover
Corporal

Taigen VS Heng Long

Post by PershingLover »

Is the Taigen smoker better? I'm debating which version to put in my tank.

Also, is Taigen proportional?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Taigen VS Heng Long

Post by Max-U52 »

The V2 and V3 MFUs from Taigen have proportional smoke, regardless of the brand of smoker used. Personally, I think the TG smokers are better and they seem to last longer for me, but smokers are a unit that will eventually have to be replaced. They just don't last forever, like airsoft units. I look at it as just another part of the hobby.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

If I was to say, hookup a TG smoker to a HL board, a-would it work, and b-would it be proportional?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I remove the smoker first thing. It opens up space for battery and a better speaker. Now for my opinion and not meant to offend anybody in any way. All the smokers I’ve seen on videos looks fake as hell and a good running tank engine shouldn’t smoke like a stump fire in the first place. Smoke and running water don’t scale down in appearance at all in this old model railroader’s opinion.
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

On the subject of speakers, how do you remove the stock Heng Long one? I want to replace it with a Taigen one
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

PershingLover wrote:If I was to say, hookup a TG smoker to a HL board, a-would it work, and b-would it be proportional?
Depends on the HL board. I'm not sure if the 5.3 is proportional, but I'm 90% certain that everything before the 5.3 is not proportional. Your speaker may be stuck down with hot glue, or it may have three screws mounting it. You can just plug in the TG speaker and go, but if you're going to the trouble you might want to look at something better, like a visiton (sp?) or maybe something like this

http://www.matomart.com/prodview.php?p=2926

My Tiger One (one of them) has an Asp and that has provisions for three different speakers, and I have these running the secondary sounds, (cannon, MG, etc) and i like them. There are ten gazillion different kinds of speakers out there, so it's largely a matter of personal preference.

Have you checked out matomart yet? They have a large section just for the Pershing. I have one myself, and this will be the next project for that tank, metal roadwheels and suspension. I just put new Ball bearing gearboxes in it. I did a video on that one, did you catch it? Mine is an Imex/Taigen so it came with metal tracks and sprockets, I've had it for about six years, and it's still one of my favorite tanks. Very easy to drive, still on stock V1 electronics, and I even use it as my "trainer tank" when someone new wants to try driving a tank, because it's just so easy to drive and very forgiving.

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Nice models, Max!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks, Jim, just the tip of the iceberg. You ever make it up to Detroit and we'll see about a fifty cent tour. 8)
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The Beauty of the MATO speakers is that they take up almost no space and the cables from both speakers feed into the one JST Plug that goes into your MFU (Heng Long) or sound Card (Taigen)
Because I line the Floor and interior walls of my Tanks with "VELCRO" and glue a patch of the material onto the base of everything that I fit in the Hull that makes everything secure and yet easy to place exactly where I want it which saves the maximum amount of space. :thumbup:
If you are after decent speakers The "Verizon Fr" series are available in three sizes from large (Tiger 1) through Medium (PZ4) to Small (PZ111) worth a look and a listen.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 7.18.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 7.18.13 PM.png (150.85 KiB) Viewed 4221 times
ID this board please! Hopefully, the picture alignment makes sense :crazy: Here is the board, and the Heng Long S&S and the Taigen stuff I want to put in.
Attachments
Taigen Smoker
Taigen Smoker
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 7.19.36 PM.png (157.52 KiB) Viewed 4221 times
Taigen Speaker
Taigen Speaker
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 7.18.49 PM.png (155.99 KiB) Viewed 4221 times
Heng Long Smoker
Heng Long Smoker
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 7.19.25 PM.png (163.26 KiB) Viewed 4221 times
Heng Long Speaker
Heng Long Speaker