Cant turn off smoker.

Smoke creating devices!
MARK 7
Recruit

Cant turn off smoker.

Post by MARK 7 »

Hi everyone, it seems almost everyone has problems with smoke units, I recently bought a Heng Long Tiger 1, all worked great but after only 4 days the smoker stopped, this was due to the little electronic part that is soldered onto the motor terminals, I'm not sure if it's a supressor, a capacitor or what ? Anyway, I replaced the whole unit which smokes well, but it won't turn off, as soon as you turn the tank on with the switch underneath, the smoker runs & won't stop via the transmitter, the only way to stop it is turning the main tank switch off again, if anyone knows what the problem could be, I'd really appreciate it, apart from that I think it's a great tank, it's my first also. Many thanks for any advice.

MARK 7
MARK 7
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Cant turn off smoker.

Post by Max-U52 »

If the transmitter won't turn off the smoker the problem is either in the TX or the board itself. Probably the board. Have you thought about simply installing an inline on off switch in the wiring that runs from the smoker to the board? I wouldn't be surprised if the tiger doesn't still have the slot for the switch. I know that's not the best fix and probably not exactly what you're looking for but I think it's better than having to buy an entire new board just to get your smoker to turn on and off.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
MARK 7
Recruit

Post by MARK 7 »

Thanks so much for your replys, firstly, the TX I have is the last image in your list of images, the one with twin sounds options, what I can't make out is why the TX or the board would of failed ? everything else works fine, and yes I did think of putting an in-line switch for turning off manually & the space is there under top hatch, but then I wouldn't have the smoke as a 'starting-up effect',
really appreciate you taking the time to help, do you know how much a new board is, & where I could get one ?

Thanks again.
MARK 7
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The space under the hatch is actually for the safety switch for the airsoft, but should work well for smoke on/off, should you go that route.

They have them here

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 3371vp1jpp

But I'm not entirely sure that's the latest board. From the lack of a plug for volume and smoke on/off I think it is, but it might be the one before they added up/down elevation.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
MARK 7
Recruit

Post by MARK 7 »

Hi All,
thanks for your replys & advise,
I am pretty sure the fault is the RX Board, this is the latest version reciever/control panel all in one, channel 7 is for the smoker, & it is giving out a continuous voltage, therefore the smoker won't stop, I have took the TX apart & it seems fine, I have checked the functions of all the switches & they all work properly & don't 'stick', I swapped the turret control with the smoker on the RX, & the turret will move by itself, & plugging the smoker into the turret channel lets you work the smoker with the turret control, thus highlighting what the problem is, AAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!! Not impressed, I've only had the tank a week & now I've got to buy a new RX, as you know I've already had to replace the smoke unit, just wondering how many other people have had this problem.
MARK 7
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

If you've only had it for a week I would contact the seller and ask for a replacement.
MARK 7
Recruit

Post by MARK 7 »

Thanks chaps,
I will contact the seller, trouble is I've probably lost the warranty because I've taken the tank apart, was also thinking the money I've spent on the smoke unit & if I get a new RX, won't be far off what I paid for the whole tank, feeling rather P----d off at the mo.
Anyway, I'll let you know what happens, thanks.
MARK 7

Return to “Smokers”