Tarr MK1 smoker for Tamiya MF-01 board

Smoke creating devices!
sebbe335
Recruit

Tarr MK1 smoker for Tamiya MF-01 board

Post by sebbe335 »

Hello!

I have bought a Tarr smoker for my Tamiya KT and the function I want is this: Smoke at idle and proportional smoke when running.
The MF-01 board dosnt have a smoke connection so I need to build something myself to get it working.
I feed the reciver with 5V. I thinking that I could use this voltage (or even more down regulated) for idle and use a recived controlled switch to start the smoke at startup, but then I need somehow to connect it to the motors to get it proportional when the tank moves.
So the motors shall not be affected by the 5V and the 5V should not be affected when the voltage goes over 5V from the motorside. How to achive this??? Any electronics expert?

I saw that Heng Long have a proportional board for their smoke unit and that may work but the question is if it got the battery voltage in and then regulates it for idle and running getting signals from the reciver? Then I could use this board and start it by a reciver controlled switch at startup.. Anyone knows the full function of the board?
If a someone have a Heng long proportional smoke unit it would be soo kind if you could measure if the input voltage (where the wires go from the Main board into the smoke unit board) is constant into the board when running?? Then it uses the voltage from the motors when running and voltage from the board at idle!!

Regards from Sebastian In Sweden
PIC_0034%2520aa.JPG
PIC_0034%2520aa.JPG (50.33 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: Tarr MK1 smoker for Tamiya MF-01 board

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Sebastian,

I played around with creating a proportional version for tamiya tanks using a small speed control from a servo to control the fan but it was successful. The next way is as like you said feeding the fan off the motors.

I wouldn’t take 5v from the reciever (because the risk of damamging the electronics). I would use a 5v voltage regulator (or even 3.3v) to feed the fan as a base level at idle. Then you need 4 wires and 4 diodes to feed the fan for increase fan speed whilst driving.

I don’t have any diagrams to hand so a bit difficult to explain at the moment.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
sebbe335
Recruit

Post by sebbe335 »

Hello again!

I order a HL prop. board, im almost 100% sure that it got a "standby voltage at idle from the mainboard and gets power from the motors when the tank is running, why need the motorwires otherwise? I will try it with some other electronics before plugging into the Tank motors. If it dosnt work i go with the diodes solution!
The smoke will start by a transmitter controlled switch, so I could "preheat" the smoker before i give signal to the Main board to start so smoke cames out when the tank starts!

I get back when i have tried it, it could be a great solution for all the MF-01 board users who wants proportional smoke!

//Sebbe
tao
Staff Sergeant

Post by tao »

Could you run a amp and another speaker to add a acoustic smoker

Return to “Smokers”