Different smoke fluids?

Smoke creating devices!
tao
Staff Sergeant

Different smoke fluids?

Post by tao »

Anybody try this new Lionel "premium" smoke fluid? Read a few reviews on how well it works even
in comparison to Mega Steam.

Fyi somebody posted this a while back and it works very well: 91% alcohol and glycerin mix 50/50 seems also to work very well..inexpensive and the lower water content causes less condensation in the tubes if that is an issue.
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Different smoke fluids?

Post by wibblywobbly »

I make my own, super cheap buying the liquids off ebay.

Propylene Glycol Food Grade
Vegetable Glycerin

One 30ml bottle of each will make more smoke fluid than you can use in years, it gives off good smoke in my Tarr smoker too.

About 70% Glycol/30% Glycerin.

For added measure I add a few drops of e-cigarette fluid, I use coffee flavour, as it smells ok, and adds to the smoke.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

I've heard the TARR gets dirty....also heard it can be cleaned..instead of being thrown out...do any of the mixtures you all use leave a residue...if so what do you clean it out with?

ALPHA
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Never tried with tank bits but ultra sonic cleaners are good.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Tankbear wrote:Never tried with tank bits but ultra sonic cleaners are good.
Doesn't that require soaking it in a tank...or can you use those ultrasonic toothbrushes lol

ALPHA
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

If you go to the Megasteam website they claim that their fluid cleans the smokers internally as it burns and that if you had used other smoke fluid prior to the Megasteam fluid that it will clean the old fluid off and clean the smoker and make it work better.
Which is why I don't bother to use any other fluid anymore as it smokes excellent and keeps the smoker clean inside, win win! :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jackalope wrote:If you go to the Megasteam website they claim that their fluid cleans the smokers internally as it burns and that if you had used other smoke fluid prior to the Megasteam fluid that it will clean the old fluid off and clean the smoker and make it work better.
Which is why I don't bother to use any other fluid anymore as it smokes excellent and keeps the smoker clean inside, win win! :thumbup:
Good to know Jack :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “Smokers”