Cheap quick smoke resistor

Smoke creating devices!
tao
Staff Sergeant

Cheap quick smoke resistor

Post by tao »

Just messing around with broken super smoker... for a quick resistor fix or experimenting just took about 8 inches of nickechrome wire, cut a thin strip of Kevlar and wound it then crimped a thicker piece over it, direct hook up to battery and makes quite a bit of smoke. Plus you can play with more and less wire. Wire and wick are easy to get online.

For a durable nicely designed unit I really like the TARR and going to use that as a basis for acoustic smoker.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Cheap quick smoke resistor

Post by ALPHA »

tao wrote:Just messing around with broken super smoker... for a quick resistor fix or experimenting just took about 8 inches of nickechrome wire, cut a thin strip of Kevlar and wound it then crimped a thicker piece over it, direct hook up to battery and makes quite a bit of smoke. Plus you can play with more and less wire. Wire and wick are easy to get online.

For a durable nicely designed unit I really like the TARR and going to use that as a basis for acoustic smoker.
Hey Tao...not sure if you saw my message to you on your other post....found a way to control the smoke output on the Tarr without messing with the electrics...already able to double the output...and cut the output quite a bit...right now trying to figure out how and if I can do it remotely :D

ALPHA
tao
Staff Sergeant

Post by tao »

I did that is pretty cool! Can you post a few pictures maybe later so we can see exactly how you did it?
Lots of TARR posts all of a sudden:) It is a well made unit and has a very sturdy nicely done resistor set up.
Well thought out..simple and sturdy..hmm I sound like I am describing a T-34 lol
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tao wrote:I did that is pretty cool! Can you post a few pictures maybe later so we can see exactly how you did it?
Lots of TARR posts all of a sudden:) It is a well made unit and has a very sturdy nicely done resistor set up.
Well thought out..simple and sturdy..hmm I sound like I am describing a T-34 lol
Sure...left the one I already modded in my M1...going to put one on a bench set up to perfect it...right now manual is perfect...works like a dream..takes only a few minutes ...took me only a few to figure it out lol..the best thing is..you don't have to mess with the electricals :D

ALPHA
Fluke
Recruit

Post by Fluke »

ALPHA wrote:
tao wrote:Just messing around with broken super smoker... for a quick resistor fix or experimenting just took about 8 inches of nickechrome wire, cut a thin strip of Kevlar and wound it then crimped a thicker piece over it, direct hook up to battery and makes quite a bit of smoke. Plus you can play with more and less wire. Wire and wick are easy to get online.

Hey Tao...not sure if you saw my message to you on your other post....found a way to control the smoke output on the Tarr without messing with the electrics...already able to double the output...and cut the output quite a bit...right now trying to figure out how and if I can do it remotely :D

ALPHA
ALPHA - Can you share the changes you have made to the Tarr?
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Fluke wrote:
ALPHA wrote:

ALPHA
ALPHA - Can you share the changes you have made to the Tarr?
Sure Fluke....there's a little perfecting to do still...but my prototype mod has already doubled the smoke output ..like I said to Tao...I didn't have to mess with the voltage or electronics in any way....I can also make it put out less...which seems to be what most people are looking for...what I am designing now will hopefully make it adjustable ...so you can have true control of the output...then if I have time...have it done remotely :D

ALPHA
tao
Staff Sergeant

Post by tao »

Short note: I noticed the smoke output was less..fully charged battery always key.. but also took off the cover
and moved the cotton like absorption material in the bottom down/ towards the front so the wick was dipped into the fluid
more and that seemed to make a difference to help wick up plenty of fluid and more smoke. tao

Return to “Smokers”