Tamiya KT Smoker

Smoke creating devices!
Awins
Private

Tamiya KT Smoker

Post by Awins »

What is the easiest way to fit a smoker to a Tamiya KT. I see several references to smokers which quite simply only confuse the issue.
Surely I must be able just to buy a smoker and maybe with a little fitting skill and adjustment fit this into my KT.
Any thoughts please.
I am not retreating, but simply advancing in another direction!!!
leopardgreece
Corporal

Re: Tamiya KT Smoker

Post by leopardgreece »

Hello, did you finally install a smoker to ur Tamiya King Tiger ? Because i m waiting a Tamiya one and it's my first time i m going to work with Tamiya,. I also want to make it smoke Image

???????? ??? ?? SM-N950F ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) In a Tamiya tank, it is more a question of space, to accommodate the smoker, who asks questions, but already seen on some forums, herewith an example of realization on a Sherman
https://www.battletanksnederland.nl/php ... ?f=9&t=622
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Read the note, at the bottom of the description, about fitting this unit to Tamiya tanks. In essence, though, you will need to wire the smoker to the drive motors to get proportionality. For power, you'll need a switched supply from the battery.
https://www.rctankelectronics.com/store ... _Unit.html
There is a spare 5v terminal on the typical Tamiya MFU, but I don't think at can be used to power a smoke unit effectively.

There's also a discussion here on fitting a smoker to Tamiya tanks:
viewtopic.php?t=27924
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

leopardgreece
Corporal

Post by leopardgreece »

My friend , i have or i can make smokers, i just don't know the wires....where to plug in Tamiya electronics

???????? ??? ?? SM-N950F ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Awins wrote:What is the easiest way to fit a smoker to a Tamiya KT. I see several references to smokers which quite simply only confuse the issue.
Surely I must be able just to buy a smoker and maybe with a little fitting skill and adjustment fit this into my KT.
Any thoughts please.
Tamiya have never made provision for a smoke feature, unlike Taigen, and Heng Long. :thumbdown: There's no obvious method of combining a 3rd party smoker with Tamiya electronics, but there's nothing to prevent you from adding a parallel electronic circuit with which to operate (independently) a smoker unit. It can share a live feed from the same battery, but you will need a switch and possibly some resistors, depending on the smoke unit's rating. Electronic switches can be used, but that would mean using a hobby grade transmitter. :problem:
Edit: I'd forgotten this thread on using hobby grade units with Tamiya tanks
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=28463
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:(
as far as a 4-channel receiver is needed for a Tamiya MFU? it seems to me quite possible to use a more efficient and programmable transmitter, I personally have a Flysky FT 6 S for my KT Tam. just that at Tamiya there are functions originally ordered by shifting the trims of the sticks, but this can be solved by making the stick adjustments with an offset, when programming the DMDs, the memory must have 90% for the elevation and 100/120% for the shooting and the machine gun ... unless I'm mistaken from my old brains!!
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:( forgot, in the link on the topic of your previous message, there is a diagram (old forum Panzerketen) showing how to connect on the motors, personally never tried
451909DE-0409-4E01-B67E-11FB81DB1423.png
KommandantX
Recruit

Post by KommandantX »

Hello, Leopardgreece,i am in Greece as well most of the time and i would be interested in a powerful smoker unit for my 1/16 Grille 17 (inspired) build.
Tamiya: KT Porsche (static), KT Henschel, M26 Pershing, Tiger 1 Normandy, Tiger 1 Desert, Sherman
HL: Tiger 1, Pershing, Pantiger, Panther, KV-1
Scratch-built: Jagdtiger, Tiger (Porsche typ 101), KV-2 (Tamiya, HL, scratch-built)
WSN: T-34 (winter)

Return to “Smokers”