Acoustic smoker last edition

Smoke creating devices!
strmnd54
Lance Corporal

Acoustic smoker last edition

Post by strmnd54 »

The acoustic smoker has been working out and has now become a " lean mean smoking machine" :haha:

The overall size has been reduced and the electronic has been modified to reduce power consumption, while remaining efficient...

Here's a bunch of pictures with commentaries to explain the mod.
Attachments
10.JPG
9.JPG
8.JPG
7.JPG
6.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG
Heated debates on climate changes contribute to global warming!!!
strmnd54
Lance Corporal

Re: Acoustic smoker last edition

Post by strmnd54 »

More pictures : :haha:
And a short test video:
Attachments
16.JPG
15.JPG
14.JPG
13.JPG
12.JPG
11.JPG
strmnd54
Lance Corporal

Post by strmnd54 »

Here's an other attempt at posting a video link... >:<

http://youtu.be/1VW7kfJrnD8?list=UUoWjH ... nVnrbH3GxQ
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

That is really impressive and very effective..
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

VERY NICE sturmnd 54 :clap: :clap: :clap:

ALPHA
Trailbiker
Recruit

Post by Trailbiker »

I've been looking at all your different attempts of this, on YouTube, and have to say I'm very impressed with your efforts. As a complete newbie to the world of RC tanks, and having no knowledge of electronics I still find it all rather confusing. I have been trying to find the wire wound resistor, here in the UK, and can't seem to find the exact one. Is there something similar that I can use ? I'm assuming it's used instead of the wire & wick method as used in the HL smoker, and heats up, without burning out. Again, making assumptions, I guess the amplifier is used to boost the effect the speaker has on the air movement and the step down voltage regulator will control the heat, and hence the smoke output. I'm hoping to fit either a Clark TK 22 or IBU2 board to my HL Leopard, so could I connect your setup directly, or do I have to have the other two components ?
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to get my head round all this electronic stuff, which for someone without any prior knowledge, is somewhat difficult.
Thanks, for any help, Richard
strmnd54
Lance Corporal

Post by strmnd54 »

machine wrote:I was able to find the step down, but where did you find the stereo amp at? Can't seem to find one anywhere on the net.
Here's the address for some 3 Watts stereo Amps that I used before...You have to remember that those need to be powered at no more than 5 Volts and you need to add a volume control ...http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mini-Digital-3W- ... b65&_uhb=1

Here's another type that I used before, but was a bit overkill...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Hi-Fi-PAM8 ... 19d56a2eb1
strmnd54
Lance Corporal

Post by strmnd54 »

Trailbiker wrote:I've been looking at all your different attempts of this, on YouTube, and have to say I'm very impressed with your efforts. As a complete newbie to the world of RC tanks, and having no knowledge of electronics I still find it all rather confusing. I have been trying to find the wire wound resistor, here in the UK, and can't seem to find the exact one. Is there something similar that I can use ? I'm assuming it's used instead of the wire & wick method as used in the HL smoker, and heats up, without burning out. Again, making assumptions, I guess the amplifier is used to boost the effect the speaker has on the air movement and the step down voltage regulator will control the heat, and hence the smoke output. I'm hoping to fit either a Clark TK 22 or IBU2 board to my HL Leopard, so could I connect your setup directly, or do I have to have the other two components ?
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to get my head round all this electronic stuff, which for someone without any prior knowledge, is somewhat difficult.
Thanks, for any help, Richard
It seems that wire wound resistors are very hard to find in continental Europe..I buy mine from this site in the USA:http://www.surplussales.com/Resistors/W ... 51-99.html

But I was told that shipping to Europe was exorbitant, so if you go ahead with this project; just PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a couple resistors with wicks... :)

I've never tried the IBU2, but from what I read they would be perfect for an acoustic smoker...
They have programmable sound (Kind of like the TBS mini) and the engine & effects sounds are on separated outputs...

So the IBU2 could be used the same way I use the Clark/Benedini combo:viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11139
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

I'm going to have to try and make one of these.
strmnd54
Lance Corporal

Post by strmnd54 »

machine wrote:thank you for the links. Got my orders in and look forward to putting this together. So far the most realistic smoker out there. Question though...do you use this speaker in conjunction with the main speaker, or does this set also replace the main sound speaker?
I use it in conjunction with the main speaker since the speaker I use is only 1 " diam. and rated at 5 Watts RMS...
You wouldn't have much bass coming out of it; and the new design is also intended to get the maximum air flow at the lowest volume possible in order to save battery power...

I'm using a Clark/Benedini combo in my tanks.

The output of the TBS mini is split in 2; one part of the signal goes to the acoustic smoker and the other goes to the Clark audio amp. via a 50K Ohms pot. and gets mixed with the sound effects of the Clark board...

Here's the wiring diagram:
Attachments
TK-22,TBS-mini,Receiver wiring aa.JPG

Return to “Smokers”