Smoker Issue

Smoke creating devices!
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Smoker Issue

Post by MikeHamilton »

Good afternoon on this very grey and rainy Boxing Day afternoon and I hope you all had great Christmas’s

I have fitted (correctly) a GI Smokers Unit (Baroness) Version 2 smoke unit to my IBU2U Full board in my Taigen pro metal King Tiger. The smoker sort of works, but the smoker takes an age to warm up (10 to 12 minutes) and then when the smoke does decide to come out, only comes out very sparsely.

I have not over filled the smoker unit. There are no kinks in the tubing, nor airlocks.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
‘Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes’ - Oscar Wilde
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Re: Smoker Issue

Post by Shagnifico »

If you have another 7.2 smoke unit hook it up to the ibu to see how it performs. Also you could test the smoker on another tank to see how it behaves. If that’s not an option use a multimeter to check if the smoke unit is getting enough juice. Also, with GI smokers the polarity matters, ensure you have positive wire from the fan plugged to the positive output on the board etc. Has this smoke unit ever worked right for you, or is it brand new? Also make sure it’s full, you can drain off extra oil if you over fill it, that’s the nice thing about the GI units. Better to accidentally over fill it than running it dry and burning it out.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D yes our friend is right, make sure the fan is running the right way? which would possibly explain your worries
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

Hi chaps.
The fan is running in the correct direction I.e. drawing air in.
I have checked the voltage of the smoker connector on the IBU2U and it’s only pushing out 4.2 volts.
Is there any way of “boosting” the voltage between the board and the smoker at all?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening, am I not stuck on this type of platinum? but reading the manual, there seem to be two systems:
a connection for a proportional system and a connection for Tarr smoke? does not the concern come from there? attached doc.
https://www.manualslib.de/manual/422132 ... e=2#manual
Se page 2
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

see also page 19
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

page 19 he talks about the flue gas power setting 0 off / 50% / minimum and 100% maximum, this must be in the programming on a PC or transmitter,
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

I’ll give that a go on Thursday. thank you.
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

Jofaur86 wrote:page 19 he talks about the flue gas power setting 0 off / 50% / minimum and 100% maximum, this must be in the programming on a PC or transmitter,

I managed to find a few minutes today and tweaked the .ini file. It all appears to be ok now. It doesn’t help me by being slightly dyslexic, so I miss “seeing” things like that.

Thanks for you help. Much appreciated.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

great :thumbup: if I can be of help no worries :D

Return to “Smokers”