Armored Force Field Manual

For any reference material such as detail pictures that don't fit into the other categories. Please name your threads accurately!
SamuraiGreen02
Recruit

Armored Force Field Manual

Post by SamuraiGreen02 »

Tank Platoon Dated 22, October 1942.

Here are some pictures from the field manual. Anyone have any objections of myself taking good quality pictures and posting the whole thing?

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Armored Force Field Manual

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I am waiting to see what the officers--you know, the "brass"--have to say. :D I cannot imagine that the manual would be under any copyright, but it might take up a lot of MB. I wonder if there would be a way to create a <.pdf> file of the manual instead of going bananas posting individual images. Then anyone who wants could download the <.pdf>.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I am waiting to see what the officers--you know, the "brass"--have to say. :D I cannot imagine that the manual would be under any copyright, but it might take up a lot of MB. I wonder if there would be a way to create a <.pdf> file of the manual instead of going bananas posting individual images. Then anyone who wants could download the <.pdf>.
You are correct on some points, although the pictures already posted are via a third party picture host.
However, a pdf file would have its benefits, but one of this nature may end up too big to upload onto the forum.
As for copyright, depends if this manual has been re published after someone purchasing the rights to it. I say this as it looks in new/newish condition. Or has it been purchased online and printed out? Which could also be a problem.

Whichever way is the outcome, it doesn't belong in a section for showing off ones models :/

I shall move this to Other Reference Material :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

If what you have is the original US Govt publication, it should be public domain. For example, the difference between UK Govt publications (Crown Copyright) and those of the US Govt is that the US take the view that anything funded by the tax payer belongs to the tax payer, where as in the UK it remains the 'property of the State'

As noted, the legality of sharing something that has been reprinted/reformated by a 3rd party is a little more murky...

Return to “Other Reference Material”