Panzer battles

For any reference material such as detail pictures that don't fit into the other categories. Please name your threads accurately!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Panzer battles

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon!
Thanks for the heads up on what sounds like another great read about the War. Books from past decades are often overlooked for the 'newest and best' ideas on what happened. People forget at times that these books were written by people directly involved in and affected by the War. Priceless stuff.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:You're welcome painless. That's exactly what I thought, and if the author is true to his word, it should make an interesting read.
Now the dilemma begins, read this forum, or read the book lol.

Mick.
Book................no contest.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

This thread is about the following book, although it has a few pictures, there isn't many. The book is mainly a personal account by the author who was at the battles he's written about, and he wrote the book mmt too long after the war.
He maintains that he tried to write as non biased as he could.
I found it a very interesting book looking at famous battles through the eyes of a German General to get the other perspective.

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Other Reference Material”