OKMO 1/16 ARTR M113

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

OKMO 1/16 ARTR M113

Post by BarryC »

"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: OKMO 1/16 ARTR M113

Post by tankme »

They've sold at least 2 since this morning when I saw the number at 16 (now at 14). What bothers me is the PZ3 tracks. No one makes a proper US spec track for the M113. The rest of the details look nice, but after seeing additional warping on my 3D printed SU-152 conversion, I'm weary of 3D printed tanks. The IS-7 is 3D printed, but it is really thick and has supports printed in. I hope it doesn't deform in the TX sun or I will be pissed.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Looks as if Clark lost another one or perhaps he's always just wanted to be the design house, all along.

I want to know when the BT-7 appears. :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

BT-7 Yeah, great call that.
I'd rather a BT over a KV-2 .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

HERMAN BIX wrote:BT-7 Yeah, great call that.
I'd rather a BT over a KV-2 .
Several of us have been lobbying the 3DP community to consider making a BT-7.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

I've scratch built four RC 1/16 M-113 vehicles in different versions so i know a bit. Looking at the pics and video of the DKLM M-113A3, here are a few observations;

- the hull shapes, dimensions and overall details look good and accurate.
- A drawing seems to show that the trim vane at the front can be lowered realistically and the engine hatch can open, i like that, but the cantilever hinges for the trim vane are likely very fragile if they are not made of metal.
- It also show that the arm that locks the trim vane in lowered position is extendable, again very fragile mechanism if this is 3D plastic.
- No mention or display of working headlights or tail lights, which is weird as it would be easy to provide.
- Toy like commander's cupola rotation feature, surely there is a way to slow it down.
- Browning M2 and barrel is not very good looking.
- No ACAV gun shield option.
- There is an opening rear ramp but no interior details.
- Unclear if the small rear door can manually open and close.
- Side skirts look good but hopefully these are removable.
- Use of Panzer III tracks instead of proper US T-130 or T-150 tracks is very disappointing.
- Unclear if the rear external fuel cells can be easily removed for anyone wishing to back date this vehicle to an earlier version.
- The suspension looks weak during operation.
- Missing spare tracks on front glacis.
- Commander and driver hatch can open, but unclear if the rear compartment top hatch does.
- M113A3 in Iraq show a added belly armor that is not present on the model.

Overall, It is nice to see an M-113 offering for guys who do not want to scratch build one.

M113A3 with T-130 tracks
M113A3 T130
M113A3 T130
M113A3 with T-150 tracks
M113A3 T150
M113A3 T150
Capture31.JPG (91.13 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
M-113A3 with ACAV shield, showing T150 and T130 tracks side by side, with added belly armor.
M113A3 ACAV
M113A3 ACAV
Capture28.JPG (78.16 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
Last edited by lmcq11 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

From the way it sounds there are no motors included either. It says there is a mount for the Dual Current HL or PDSGB gearbox. That tells me no gearbox is included. I've wanted an M113 for so long, but just not sure about this one yet. Going to wait to hear the reviews of it first. I would have bought Clark's BT-7 also... :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

tankme wrote:From the way it sounds there are no motors included either. It says there is a mount for the Dual Current HL or PDSGB gearbox. That tells me no gearbox is included. I've wanted an M113 for so long, but just not sure about this one yet. Going to wait to hear the reviews of it first. I would have bought Clark's BT-7 also... :)
It says a gearbox is included
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Also shown in the M113 video is the upcoming Cadillac Gage V150S. The S means it is the rare stretched version which is 46cm longer than the other. The V150 comes in many versions but i think DKLM has picked one of the least interesting one. It seems to be the standard personnel carrier version with pintle mounted Browning M2 and without parapet. As such, its just to drive around. A version with a turret mounted 20mm or 90mm gun would have been a lot more interesting. Hopefully, they will release other versions.
V-150S
V-150S
Capture33.JPG (83.75 KiB) Viewed 2364 times
50koruny
Lance Corporal

Post by 50koruny »

tankme wrote:They've sold at least 2 since this morning when I saw the number at 16 (now at 14). What bothers me is the PZ3 tracks. No one makes a proper US spec track for the M113. The rest of the details look nice, but after seeing additional warping on my 3D printed SU-152 conversion, I'm weary of 3D printed tanks. The IS-7 is 3D printed, but it is really thick and has supports printed in. I hope it doesn't deform in the TX sun or I will be pissed.
Warping of what?PLA?
If yes, its normal.
I warn against using it whenever I can.
You should never print RC tanks out of the PLA.

With some more serious materials, like PET(G) and ASA, it will be safe up to 85-90°C.
One of my T-14 is in Australia, completely printed with ASA, it can withstand temperatures up to 92°C.
No warping issues, as far as i know.Almost comparable with the classic injected plastic (ABS).

These OKMO kits are printed with the nylon powder on the professional laser sintering machines, if i understand them correctly.
This is the most durable 3D printed plastic available.Much different from the desktop FDM printers (especially equipped with the PLA).
Printed like this, it must be fully comparable with the classic plastic RC tanks in terms of durability.Maybe even more durable.
facebook.com/warprints

Return to “Hobby News”