OKMO 1/16 ARTR M113

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Koenigstiger 007
Recruit

Re: OKMO 1/16 ARTR M113

Post by Koenigstiger 007 »

Hello,

here you find the metal tracks with rubber pads in scale 1/16 - scroll down please

https://de-de.facebook.com/Attracks/?ref=page_internal

Kind regards

Guenther 8)
>>make love - not Schrott (scrap metal)
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

50koruny wrote:
tankme wrote:They've sold at least 2 since this morning when I saw the number at 16 (now at 14). What bothers me is the PZ3 tracks. No one makes a proper US spec track for the M113. The rest of the details look nice, but after seeing additional warping on my 3D printed SU-152 conversion, I'm weary of 3D printed tanks. The IS-7 is 3D printed, but it is really thick and has supports printed in. I hope it doesn't deform in the TX sun or I will be pissed.
Warping of what?PLA?
If yes, its normal.
I warn against using it whenever I can.
You should never print RC tanks out of the PLA.

With some more serious materials, like PET(G) and ASA, it will be safe up to 85-90°C.
One of my T-14 is in Australia, completely printed with ASA, it can withstand temperatures up to 92°C.
No warping issues, as far as i know.Almost comparable with the classic injected plastic (ABS).

These OKMO kits are printed with the nylon powder on the professional laser sintering machines, if i understand them correctly.
This is the most durable 3D printed plastic available.Much different from the desktop FDM printers (especially equipped with the PLA).
Printed like this, it must be fully comparable with the classic plastic RC tanks in terms of durability.Maybe even more durable.
I can only guess it's PLA that as Armoured Models printed it. I'm going to heat it up, reform it, and pour some resin as a backer on it to see if I can get it to survive the sun.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Unboxing video. Detail level is excellent, but some manually moving parts are very thin and weak. Handle with care.

phpBB [video]
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Hey Louis,

Looks like a very nice model. :clap: With your talented handy work it should look fantastic once finished! :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Looks great. What material is it? Is it brittle?

Return to “Hobby News”