New Boards From Elmod.

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: New Boards From Elmod.

Post by jhamm »

Hello Eric,
Mr.Rad and Mr.Kaczor member of the German HengLong Panzer Forum, the new ELMOD board was also discussed very critically there.
The main aim of the development was to reduce the size and price of the board so that it could be sold for €200.
For this, however, some options had to be dropped, which can be added as extensions.
Unfortunately, the price increase of electrical components made the price of 200,-€ impossible.

Unfortunately, there are manufacturers on the market who offer better boards for the same price.
First of all, there is Beier with the SFR-1-HL, which can do all that,
that the new ELMOD can only do with extensions...

So it's time to look around...
whitecitadel
Private

Post by whitecitadel »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
So, at this point, I might be wrong, but I think this can be like what happened with the "IBU 3" which was a failure. I would not be surprised to see an Elmod Fusion Pro 2.0 or something similar quite soon...

Meanwhile, I stick with Beier, does MUCH more, for less.
There seems to now be an Fusion X revision C with a single servo on the board:
https://elmod.eu/produkt/elmod-fusionx-rev-c/?lang=en

Differences:
https://elmod.eu/pdf/FusionX_Versions.pdf

I started looking at more advanced boards and just noticed the changes, removing the 3 servo’s on the older models (rotate, elevation and recoil I assume) seems like a major step backwards.

At least with the latest revision and single servo you can have recoil if your sticking with motors for turret elevation and rotation. Limited to micro servo though at 300mA.

There is also a gun smoke module “FX Gun Smoke“ now - seems to be very “in vogue” at the moment!

This looks interesting as if the Elmod is in control it can time better with the flash and recoil and you don’t need the micro switch on the recoil.. but with a 360 turret your going to need a lot of connections on the slipring (I am thinking as a 1 tank tiger owner here, maybe with the modern MBT there is space for all the electrics inside the turret and it’s less of an issue).

It is good at least to see ongoing development, although I am quickly learning like most things RC tank it seems one size does still not fit all. The challenge is to find the least compromise for your own application it seems!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

ElMod screwed up by discontinuing the Fusion Pro! Not even my Beier boards satisfy my preferred driving characteristics (No coasting to a slow stop or feathering of the brakes). In this video I let off the throttle at the first beeps and it finally rolled to a stop at the last beeps. I can feather the brakes by pulling back and letting go of the throttle as well. Can’t do this with a Beier board. Very disappointing.
phpBB [video]

Return to “Hobby News”