TAMIYA Featured Releases - early 2021

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

TAMIYA Featured Releases - early 2021

Post by jhamm »

Tamiya news...
For military they bring Modells at 1:35 and 1:48 Scale
https://www.tamiya.com/japan/featuredre ... 21.html#RC
jarndice
Colonel

Re: TAMIYA Featured Releases - early 2021

Post by jarndice »

That is a genuine pity, A Panzer 4 Ausf G would have been a brilliant addition to the 1/16 range,
It looks like this is truly the end of !/16 r/c Armour from Tamiya even though there is still a lot of untilled ground in that particular field,
Most of it British and WW2 and after and why have they not put a DUKW or an Alvis Stalwart out in 1/16,
Come to think of it why has Heng Long or Taigen missed them ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Agreed about the lack of 1/16 military. I guess there has been a vicious spiral. Costs went up as sales went down, so the prices went up, which caused another drop in sale, and so it continued. They are releasing new 1/14 trucks, which are not exactly cheap, but I guess have wider appeal
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The rise of the Taigen Machine !! >:<
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:problem: Yes, a sorry state of affairs unless you happen to be into beach buggies, rock crawlers and the like. The tipper truck looks worthy of a minor drool; but if military stuff is your thing (certainly mine) then the 1/16 the range is disappearing fast. Personally, anything less than 1/16 scale has little appeal for me (partly because of eyesight and hands)- although the 1/25 R/C range had some some lookers, like this Centurion:
https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/56604/index.htm
These models were still expensive and, I believe, now hard to come by.(?)
I've just ordered an M4 Firefly 1c in 1/48 scale, to serve as reference model for the welded 1c M4 but, like many others, I suspect, wish they'd upscaled that detail into a 1/16 offering- along with the Centurion and Churchill. :|
The only release there that even vaguely appeals to me, is the 1/10 Landfreeder Quadtrack. Does anyone know if there is military equivalent of this, that it could be converted to?
Yep, it looks like Taigen will be the last tank standing. :problem:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Thanks for sharing.
Tamiya is obviously abandoning the military model market, the few items shown here are secondary releases in nature. I do not blame them, the 1/35 market is saturated with new models and companies offering superb competing models, very creative. Check out the latest Centurions from Amusing hobby. The latest trend are 1/35 tanks with full detail interior. The Border, Miniart and Ryefield latest releases of their panzer IV is just an examples. And the Trumpeter 1/16 statics can't really be beaten for the price. I think small players should focus on RC conversion kits for the available 1/16 static models.

Of special interest to me is this new Tamiya gearbox that seems to come with 140 motors. Their gearbox are usually inexpensive. Could be useful for conversions.
Item: 72009   5-Speed Twin Gearbox H.E
Item: 72009 5-Speed Twin Gearbox H.E
Capture30.JPG (68.14 KiB) Viewed 4766 times
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

That's a pity but I wouldn't write them off completely as they may get back on the 1/16 horse one day in the future. Considering the Sherman was first released in the 1970's they have had a pretty sporadic history of 1/16 releases anyway. I do prefer building kits to hacking up RTR models and no one else seems to make them with RC in mind so here's hoping.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

jarndice wrote:It looks like this is truly the end of !/16 r/c Armour from Tamiya
Well, designing new RC is another matter than small static kit. I've read on some FB group that Sheridan is doing good in Japan market.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Problem is the Sheridan has crappy tracks that break all the time.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Marc780
Corporal

Post by Marc780 »

I've been hoping they'd come out with a T-55... I'd pay a thousand bucks for that.

Return to “Hobby News”