Stolen Armortek Quad, 25pdr and Limber

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Stolen Armortek Quad, 25pdr and Limber

Post by jarndice »

I would suggest you don't go to Aldershot to look for the Regiment it moved to Colchester a few years ago,
I was there in the days of Buller Barracks and Gun hill with the Hospital across the road from the dreaded "P" :lolno: some happy memories but Lyneham and Brice Norton gave me better memories except for the "Balloon" :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

jarndice wrote:I would suggest you don't go to Aldershot to look for the Regiment it moved to Colchester a few years ago,
I was there in the days of Buller Barracks and Gun hill with the Hospital across the road from the dreaded "P" :lolno: some happy memories but Lyneham and Brice Norton gave me better memories except for the "Balloon" :thumbdown:
I remember that DAMNED balloon! I made all five from that dreaded basket. The Brits that came to Benning or Bragg only had to make one to earn their U.S. wings. :lolno:
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Wardog, police don't care unless it's a civil offence they can make money out of, criminal offences sadly don't raise a penny.

Shaun, would you have been at Aldershot in 1972/3?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Mick, I could have been in Aldershot in 72/73 because I was still in the service but I was actually in foreign climes at that time and did not return to the Home of the British Army until 1975.
And what a change I witnessed.
Nothing apart from the Church of St Georges was left as I remembered.
Last edited by jarndice on Sun May 12, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Ah, ok, so our paths wouldn't have crossed then, I used to go there with the cadets at 13/14.
I loved going there, night exercises and firing the big guns :D

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Surely someone in a turkey hat & googley eyes would have stood out from the crowd lol
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

midlife306 wrote:Surely someone in a turkey hat & googley eyes would have stood out from the crowd lol
Cheers
Wayne
Oh no dear, I wore my Queens Regiment Beret with pride :D

midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

What? On top or under the turkey hat?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

midlife306 wrote:What? On top or under the turkey hat?? Lol
Quite funny for me, but going to military camps around the country, using their assault courses, being allowed to shoot all types of guns, it was the one time in my life I was my most grown up and responsible, and my best behaved :haha:

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
midlife306 wrote:What? On top or under the turkey hat?? Lol
Quite funny for me, but going to military camps around the country, using their assault courses, being allowed to shoot all types of guns, it was the one time in my life I was my most grown up and responsible, and my best behaved :haha:
I know what you mean there, i was the same when i used to fly with the cadets out of RAF Benson between the age of 13-19. Instead of shooting guns, we were flying loops, barrel rolls & stall turns in Chipmunks, Bulldogs & then finally the Tutor single engine 2 seat aircraft.

Ok yeah i was doing the fly thing rather than crawling on the ground thing haha. But you had to be sensible on a working airfield, no time for f!$*!ng about. I would have also considered myself most sensible back then. Now i am like some crazed young primary school child with no sensibility at all hahahaha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Hobby News”