News ! - Taigen JS2

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: News ! - Taigen JS2

Post by jarndice »

If the Metal in the JS2 Hull is the same as in the Taigen PZ4 metal hull then working with it is no more a challenge than working with the ABS body,
It can easily be pin vised and Dremelled if any part of it requires modification and it offers the rigidity that an ABS hull cannot,

The downside is the lack of a cheaper option ABS Hull which when we finally win the Lottery we could swap for the metal hull.
But when I think of the many years that I and many others agitated for a PZ4 Metal hull I am grateful that the makers are finally listening.
Of course they will be strewn with errors but after having to alter the Cupola and remove the excess aerial holder on the body of the Tiger 1 as well as cutting off the moulded on tools and other bits and pieces on every ABS bodied Tiger 1 I am not that bothered.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
wyvern
Private

Post by wyvern »

Nice to see Taigen's JS-2 i am guessing it would end up around £450 to £500 bracket based on their other offerings. I imagine the main reason for the cast hull is that they are simpler to produce and so likely to be cheaper. Torsion springs will be OK I would suspect but I don't see the point in a metal turret.
ShadowTheULF
Recruit

Post by ShadowTheULF »

forgebear wrote:hi guys estimated time for this tank to hit the market is April 2018 price as yet not disclosed but will be in bb and ir versions :thumbup:
Good to know. The JS2 is looking good and Erik has mentioned in that same thread that they are producing a complete Leo 2 that is due out sooner. Have you heard any details about it that you can share? Seems a little strange that it is unspotted when it is supposedly out before April.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Damn, may have to buy another tank.
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Video

phpBB [video]
Last edited by maxmekker on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drammen Rock City
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Oh no Stian that's a monster tank I must have it.....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I take it that the new Taigen sound card has Russian tank sounds and will soon be available for the t-34, KV-1 etc
Tanks alot.... :wave:
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Couldn't tell if the barrel recoils?
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

c.rainford73 wrote:I take it that the new Taigen sound card has Russian tank sounds and will soon be available for the t-34, KV-1 etc
it's easy to tell where the sound came from ;)

phpBB [video]

the one I did back in 2015

phpBB [video]
Drammen Rock City
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It never ceases to amaze me how, no matter where you go on the planet, and no matter what language anyone speaks, we all share the same enthusiasm for RC tanks and in the same way. It's almost like a universal language with no barriers. You don't need a translation, you just watch someone getting excited and drooling over a tank. :haha:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Hobby News”