Tamiya 1/16 M1A2 Abrams

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Tamiya 1/16 M1A2 Abrams

Post by BarryC »

In box review of the new Tamiya 1/16 M1A2 Abrams on Armorama.

http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modl ... artid=7549
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya 1/16 M1A2 Abrams

Post by BarryC »

Hi guys,

I just watched the video and it is not bad but quite obvious the reviewer has no knowledge of the M1 Abrams and very little of tanks overall, I think.
It is also very obvious that the kit will be offered as a full option RC kit at some point.

In a number of ways it is like the Trumpeter release though the Trumpeter kit is an M1A1 and designed strictly as a static display model.
The Trumpeter also has unused parts that I believe are intended for a later M1A2 version.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Well it looks like another simplified kit from Tamiya!!!!. Hardly any detail!!! When you look at the Type10,and Leopard 2,and what is there about the same as the HL M1A2!!!!. Looking at the finished kit on the web I'd say my Heng Long M1 is far better. And the price £449.00 for the static kit well over priced I think!!. So I think the R.C virsion will probably be in excess of £1,000 considering it will probably have the same drive system as the (Type10). Obviously we'll have to wait and see. Brian...
Last edited by brizo58 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

Looks ok. From the photos I have seen on the net the suspension is proper torsion bar type. I wonder how long before various parts begin showing up on ebay....??

Would not be too hard to use HL bits to RC it I reckon.....biggest problem is the price!!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Ah yes AAF pre order for $900
Tread Flintstone
Private

Post by Tread Flintstone »

brizo58 wrote:Hi,
Well it looks like another simplified kit from Tamiya!!!!. Hardly any detail!!! When you look at the Type10,and Leopard 2,and what is there is very soft. Looking at the finished kit on the web I'd say my Heng Long M1 is far better. And the price £449.00 for the static kit well over priced I think!!. So I think the R.C virsion will probably be in excess of £1,000 considering it will probably have the same drive system as the (Type10). Obviously we'll have to wait and see. Brian...
OK...that answers my question on the other M1 thread.... ;D

Maybe I wasn't out of line questioning Tamiya? :silent:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I believe this has the gyroscopic electronics in the kit for target locking. I've seen some photos of the kit and it's very impressive.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Hi All,
A few outlets in the U.K. are listing the display model at £449 on preorder. Not seen the RC virsion price yet!!!. But suffice to say it will be expensive???. I have so far built 9 full option kits to date and I'm very pleased with them all. And yes I've upgraded all of them in one way or another.There will always be people out there willing to pay the price for a Tamiya FO kit :/ (I'm one of them).No doubt I WILL end up getting one :crazy:. Brian...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Eastern Front wrote:
brizo58 wrote:Hi All,
A few outlets in the U.K. are listing the display model at £449 on preorder. Not seen the RC virsion price yet!!!. But suffice to say it will be expensive???. I have so far built 9 full option kits to date and I'm very pleased with them all. And yes I've upgraded all of them in one way or another.There will always be people out there willing to pay the price for a Tamiya FO kit :/ (I'm one of them).No doubt I WILL end up getting one :crazy:. Brian...
I am proud to say I too am one of them! Image Image Image Image Image
I'm hoping to be on the same list as of Monday too!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Tread Flintstone
Private

Post by Tread Flintstone »

I do realize Tamiya is a higher quality. It just seems the lines are getting blurred between brands, and you have to look close to see the differences.

Return to “Hobby News”