Heng Long

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Heng Long

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Picked up from facebook. New 1/16 models PLUS 1/8 and/or 1/6 scale Tigers.
http://www.henglongtoys.net/news_detail/newsId=9.html
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Heng Long

Post by jarndice »

Whose betting the 1/6 Tiger still has two spare Aerial tubes and the cupola will be the wrong way round ? :lolno:
Although knowing the Chinese the 1/6 Tiger 1 will probably be cheaper than Tamiya's 1/16 Tiger 1, :haha: :haha:
All I can say is Thank goodness for a double garage. :thumbup:
I cannot help asking why Heng Long are planning on making an "AS 90" Which if I remember rightly is an updated version of the "Abbot" Self Propelled Gun" when the demand for it pales into insignificance compared with the demands for a "Centurion" ? :crazy:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

jarndice wrote: I cannot help asking why Heng Long are planning on making an "AS 90" Which if I remember rightly is an updated version of the "Abbot" Self Propelled Gun" when the demand for it pales into insignificance compared with the demands for a "Centurion" ? :crazy:
Shaun.
True, but as the real one fires rocket assist shells maybe they're looking to uprate the BB's too?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

The AS90 surprised me as well. Hardly what you would think had a lot of demand, as you say, compared with the Centurion, which was in service in many countries and would have much wider appeal.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Where do You guys see all that? I only get a "page does not exist", or more precise "the server cannot be found" in Safari if I go to the english, or german site.

What I dìd see, piqued my interest. "Israeli M51" "Super Sherman" "T72" oh my! Would it be too optimistic to finally have a Merkava see the daylight the coming years?

Totally unclear, though what scale they would come in. Some hapless clicking on the fully chinese site didn't get me any wiser.
Last edited by Jay-Em on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Just tried it again. The link works fine - takes me to the Chinese page, I then use the Chrome translator and it all becomes clear. On my reading, the first large scale tiger will be 1/8, all metal hand made. The 1/6 scale will follow. Everything else I reckon to be 1/16.
Richard
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

M51 super sherman. Does this mean theyre going to do an m4 hvss bottom?
if so the possible conversions are endless.
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

I heard a rumour that the 1/6 Heng Long Tiger used by them was a Metal Box model who were not happy about it. Just what's been going around so not sure if true or not ? Interesting though
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It must have been about 6 years ago that I saw the pics of the moulds for a Merkava, I can't even remember whether it was HL that had made them, it looked pretty stunning and I have no idea why it never went into production.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Simon M
Lance Corporal

Post by Simon M »

AS90 want an upgraded Abbot, it was a completely new vehicle to replace the Abbot, M109, M110 & M107 in British service, when first introduced it was the most advancedifficult artillery gun in the world & is still right up there this day, sadly like most British vehicles the funding to modernise & upgrade the vehicles hasn't been there, as far as a 1/16th one goes I really hope they do, I think people into Modern kit will go for it & considering its bigger than a KT it would be impressive

Return to “Hobby News”