HOOBEN Ukrainian BTR-4 IFV

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

HOOBEN Ukrainian BTR-4 IFV

Post by lmcq11 »

If you have seen the Azov videos, one of the star of the Mariupol siege is the Ukrainian built BTR-4 with its 30mm autocannon and ability to take on Russian T-72s and BMPs.

I am glad to see an 8x8 IFV offering and i assume its mechanical parts could be reused for many different vehicles; LAV, Boxer...

https://www.hooben-shop.com/products/ho ... pify_email
Ukrainian BTR-4
Ukrainian BTR-4
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: HOOBEN Ukrainian BTR-4 IFV

Post by Kaczor »

At first I thought the price was high, but it was about that for Puma. The Polish KTO Rosomak comes to mind, but I would like to have an original vehicle from my brave neighbors in my collection :)
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Kaczor wrote:At first I thought the price was high, but it was about that for Puma. The Polish KTO Rosomak comes to mind, but I would like to have an original vehicle from my brave neighbors in my collection
Agree, Having scratch build plastic Ludwig 6x6 TPZ-1 and a 8x8 GTK Boxer myself with various mechanical components on the market, the Hooben metal BTR-4 looks like a real bargain with all the features advertised. The optional amphibious kit and water pump jets are also interesting, new stuff i haven't seen before.

RC 8x8 and 6x6 wheeled vehicles are a lot easier to operate in the backyard than tracked tanks, and they do not ravage the wife's garden. No wonder armies around the world are switching to wheeled vehicles.
tankme

Post by tankme »

Looks interesting because it says metal chassis and metal hull. I don't think the price is outrageous as it is actually less expensive than the MGS gun system I pre-ordered from RC Tank Legion. The problem I always see with Hooben is replacement parts and "optional" parts. The optional parts never seem to make it to market.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

An interesting subject but I have some serious trust issues with Hooben and their ability to deliver on promises. Not releasing any prototype photos or videos three months out from launch doesn't fill me with confidence either.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

B_Man wrote:An interesting subject but I have some serious trust issues with Hooben and their ability to deliver on promises. Not releasing any prototype photos or videos three months out from launch doesn't fill me with confidence either.
Every other time they "pre-release" images of their products, it shows the serious design flaws (the horrific idler mounting, suspension, and the overuse of resin/3D printed parts for nearly everything...)

I remember their 1/10 scale Hetzer and the videos by Hooben showed it running... With the track not on the idler properly on ONE side... FFS...

I have very little faith in Hooben...
tankme

Post by tankme »

I feel the same way with Hooben. It always seems like a crap shoot ordering one. A four month pre-order time is a long time to pay and wait. I will see if they release anymore pics of the BTR before even considering one. I only pre-ordered the MGS because they had vids and detailed pics of the running gear. Additionally Stanlley was facilitating the pre-order and I have ordered from him before.
Derek
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

They're also offering a 1/10 version at 3x the price: ¥8,100 vs ¥2,780. Translation states it comes with a "gold metal chassis" so perhaps that explains it. :crazy:
WechatIMG1544.jpeg
WechatIMG1546.jpeg
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Hooben just announced their first Russian forces starting with a BMP-2.

Have yet to hear about any Jack In the Box tanks. :haha:
Attachments
WechatIMG152344.jpeg
tankme

Post by tankme »

I'm really getting frustrated now. Why did it have to be Hooben releasing cool vehicles and not a reputable company? :)
Derek

Return to “Hobby News”