Hobby Engine M1A2 Abrams

Please post here if there is anything that you want to sell.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 13/03/2016
Please make sure you are up to date with this sections rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=25306
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Hobby Engine M1A2 Abrams

Post by SimonCornes »

I have one of these without transmitter or tank battery charger. Recently acquired via Ebay. I though it was a HL Abrams so the lack of a transmitter would have been no problem but I just don't like this tank!
Please make me an offer if you would like it. My only requirement is that it is collected as I don't want to have to post it anywhere! I live in Stoke-on-Trent

Thank you.
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Re: Hobby Engine M1A2 Abrams

Post by SimonCornes »

If no one wants it then the next move will be a charity shop!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Or keep it as a practice piece to experiment with painting or weathering effects. Make it a battlefield hulk or a diorama subject.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"Or keep it as a practice piece to experiment with painting or weathering effects." --actually a good idea. Some years ago, there was one at a now-defunct hobby shop. A youngster had knocked it out (and about), so the proprietor redid it in winter camouflage and put it on top of the cooler. o- It looked good that way!
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Thanks guys. To be honest, I practice weathering with each new tank I complete but I don’t really want a static tank. For me the whole point of 1/16 is that it’s a working model. If I wanted static I’d go to 1/35. Because this tank is built ‘down’ to a cost, not up, its to toylike for my liking. I’m happy to put the effort into a Heng Long tank because I know that it basically all works. This one doesn’t. Of course it could be made to but, for me that would be throwing good money after bad. Someone else might have a totally different point of view and it would be perfect for them. Hi don’t want a lot of money for it, just someone to take it away and then I can put it behind me!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

We have a hobby engine tank, and we have done a cool camo on it, they can be made to look real good
If you are struggling to get rid then pm me with a price and i will get back to you later after work. always on the lookout for a project
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Will01Capri wrote:We have a hobby engine tank, and we have done a cool camo on it, they can be made to look real good
If you are struggling to get rid then pm me with a price and i will get back to you later after work. always on the lookout for a project
Well you could have it for £30 but you’d have to collect it as I really don’t want to have the hassle of parcelling it up!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

thanks i will pass, its a bit of a trek lol
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Will01Capri wrote:thanks i will pass, its a bit of a trek lol
I thought you might say that but, if you’d been local then it would have been a snip!!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
Back in the day, one of those Abrams was my 1st large scale RC(ish ) Tank. I had a lot of fun with it, wearing the tracks out until I eventually had to get replacements from the Forum's redoubtable TankBear That member made a hobby out of upgrading those tanks to Hobby Grade status. Then the Heng Long and Tamiya versions came out and not much more was done with them. ( That I have seen ) For the money, they are a lot of fun!
regards,
Painless
Attachments
M1A1 Abrams.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “For Sale”