Hobby Engine M1A2 Abrams

Please post here if there is anything that you want to sell.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 13/03/2016
Please make sure you are up to date with this sections rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=25306
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hobby Engine M1A2 Abrams

Post by Model Builder 4 »

There's still a lot you can do with these tanks Simon if you are prepared to put a little effort in, it can also give you experience on working on the tanks and modding them rather than ripping apart an expensive tank to gain it. The link below shows my hobby engine Abrams which I've began upgrading with a set of metal taigen gearboxes and installed an heng long tk6.1s board as per the title to bring the electronics up to standard. As you can see I've added servo recoil and barrel smoke to this tank and it works pretty well, yes it takes a bit of work but it's all good learning :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

phpBB [video]
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Well that’s certainly inspirational stuff Lee. Maybe I’ll put this one on hold until I’ve worked through my other projects. As it stands I haven’t even seen this one move as I have no transmitter or battery charger to power it up but I’m probably not missing much! I had notice the barrel recoil as standard but I’m interested in the smoke unit and would like to know what it is, how much it costs and where you plug it in to a 6.1!!
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

You need to do a build thread of that 1 Model Builder 4
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

john1970 wrote:You need to do a build thread of that 1 Model Builder 4
^^ what he said ^^

So, seconded :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

It's stuck on the conveyor belt of projects guy's, it's a bit like the baggage carousel at the airport going around and around :haha:

In the meantime Simon I have provided a YouTube link to Stanley of rc tank legion, he explains how to set the smoker up in detail here https://youtu.be/m9qCBoeBrxg

The heng long smoker is available from Dave forgebear here in the UK or from some Chinese sellers if you are prepared to wait for delivery, hope this helps :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “For Sale”