torro m16

Please post here if there is anything that you want to sell.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 13/03/2016
Please make sure you are up to date with this sections rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=25306
biertje
Private

torro m16

Post by biertje »

Hi everyone.

Selling this on behalf of a good friend that is afraid of the English speaking world.

Torro M16 quadmount halftrack with elmod M16 kit.
I replaced all the electronics with the M16 kit from Elmod, which works very nicely.
It's a real pain to install everything, so i won't be able to open it up completly to show you the internals.
The speaker is nicely hidden behind the quadmount.
From the outside this halftrack is almost untouched, so you can still do whatever you want with it.
Comes with a lot of spare parts, including another quadmount.
This one has a broken led light in one of the .50's, but you can still make it into a trailer or something.
Also comes with the original Elmod tin box with the manuals and usb connectors.

It still has the original battery compartment for AA batteries, but it also comes with a batterypack. Unfortunatly i can't seem to find the charger anywhere.

Asking 275 euro including shipping.

Greetings Tim
fear naught
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: torro m16

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's a beaut, Tim! It's a pity that the Elmod unit is M16 specific, otherwise, I might have been tempted.
Then again, building model tanks is a bit like (the myth of) Sisyphus rolling his damned rock up the hill. You just about get to the top with one model, only to find more- an eternal convoy of 'em- waiting at the bottom.
This also reminds me of the hapless characters in the esteemed desert War movie, 'Ice Cold in Alex'- where every time they get their truck to the top of a sand dune, it rolls back down again. :lolno:
This model sells for between £162-£200 here in the UK; but I expect the control system is Taigen/Torro's own... :think: and I'm working hard to resist the temptation.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Over here they're about $150 USD, but the elmod is an expensive piece so it's a pretty good deal. You should go for it, Roy. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

43rdRecceReg wrote:It's a beaut, Tim! It's a pity that the Elmod unit is M16 specific, otherwise, I might have been tempted.
Then again, building model tanks is a bit like (the myth of) Sisyphus rolling his damned rock up the hill. You just about get to the top with one model, only to find more- an eternal convoy of 'em- waiting at the bottom.
This also reminds me of the hapless characters in the esteemed desert War movie, 'Ice Cold in Alex'- where every time they get their truck to the top of a sand dune, it rolls back down again. :lolno:
This model sells for between £162-£200 here in the UK; but I expect the control system is Taigen/Torro's own... :think: and I'm working hard to resist the temptation.
I have seen the standard version of this running. Though it is as you say the standard Torro/wsn type set up it runs quite well but I can’t remember if they have sound. To get one with an elmod at this price is worth it if you have the money. Sadly I don’t else I would.

When you take the m16 at £150-£200
Then the elmod at £150-£300 dependent on what goodies you get or transmitter and where you can get it

It’s a very good price
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

The M16 with El-Mod is a troll cannon in RC battles, its in the light category so you get a 3 second reload :haha:
phpBB [video]
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Pm'd :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
biertje
Private

Post by biertje »