Wittmann Killer Firefly

Please post here if there is anything that you want to sell.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 13/03/2016
Please make sure you are up to date with this sections rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=25306
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Wittmann Killer Firefly

Post by dgsselkirk »

Finally 99% done the First Firefly. I call this one the Wittmann Killer. It has now been proven pretty much that a Firefly belonging to The Sherbrooke Fusiliers A sqn. was responsible for his demise so that is what was modeled here. This one has all kinds of features: T49 tracks (they do need a link or 2 removed) Steel sprockets, adjustable idlers, and big bonus bearings in all the boogies, a ton of stowage with LOTS of details like straps, cleaning rods, fire extinguishers scrimm netting, helmets and gear nicely detailed, hidden emitter so I didn't ruin the mantlet, the extra radio box, real wood brace on the front, a "flimsy" early Brit fuel can, just on and on scratch built or add on stuff. Inside Tarr smoker, black steel gear boxes, better speaker, and the heart of the tank another TK40S with my exclusive Firefly sounds. Barrel flash and elevation of course. Here is a little quick video and some quick pics. didn't plug in the apple! LOL! And yes, will be going up for sale shortly as there are 3 more behind it in the factory! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtWpD3u ... e=youtu.be

and for some damn reason I can't get my pics small enough today so will post over the weekend... :D
Last edited by dgsselkirk on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Re: Whittmann Killer Firefly

Post by Dark46 »

Looks and sounds great pity you are on the other side of the pond otherwise I would possibly have been interested in buying.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Sounds and looks fantastic Dean :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

How much Mr S ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

PM sent Herman...
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

And for those that wonder about the Whittmann tale, here is the info I based it on...

https://legionmagazine.com/en/2017/08/4 ... 3G1XbEwgQk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Truly masterful creation, Dean! A worthy Wittmann killer! :thumbup: The Brit unit that shot up this rest of his Tiger troop on that day, would probably have got him anyway :D Just shows how effective the 17-Pounder could be (and no- that's not the latest McDonalds offering for gluttons :lolno: ) :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

totally agree. Terrible tactical decision on Whitmann's part to cross open field to take high ground. I think he thought he could just shock the Brits into retreating with his Tigers and don't think he realized the Canadians to his left were so close. The idea was to drive a deep wedge between the 2 forces causing them to retreat. He should have concentrated his forces and run along the treeline and like the Villers Bocage a few days before he could have got in amongst the brits in the treeline and cause confusion and of course run amok with those Tigers. But after almost a month of solid combat I think his decision making was impaired and he pretty much knew how this all was going to end at some point. just my humble opinion.... :D
but incredible patience and shooting by Eskin. Brilliant job by those forces with 7 Tigers total bearing down on them...
Harry Serpent
Private

Post by Harry Serpent »

Fake News, it was the Brits that did it. :shh: :haha:
Harry Serpent Profesional Coffin Dodger.
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

OK Donald... LOL! ;)

Return to “For Sale”