Erwin Rommel

The purpose of this board is to post information and pictures of the family members who served have served in any kind of service to their country. In this way we can honour their memory and service.
slaychild
Private

Re: Erwin Rommel

Post by slaychild »

Wow Steenv those are sweet, thanks a lot!! streetfighterjeff, hope the hand heals well. Rommel was a great man and for speaking German. I dont think Rommel would have let the war go that fare.
streetfighterjeff
Sergeant

Post by streetfighterjeff »

dude if you can speak german , i have loads i would love for you to translate. for some reason anyone who can speak german rpond here shys away from stuff like seig heil and the like. i only want to know what it means. same as riech( have i spelt it right?) i only want to know what words mean.
jeff
only here for a good time, not a long time
HL King Tiger
Torro Tiger I
streetfighterjeff
Sergeant

Post by streetfighterjeff »

and thats not including german ranks, i have not got a clue how they work.
jeff
only here for a good time, not a long time
HL King Tiger
Torro Tiger I
TrueBrit
Recruit

Post by TrueBrit »

Hello just been reading your post . I have always been fascinated with Rommel more so when I found out my wife's father fought in Africa campaign against the Africa corp . He was in the 7th armoured a sergeant tank commander and was captured captured 27th May 1943 .He got to meet Rommel briefly & liked him very much from all accounts , he got sent to a work farm camp in Austria for the rest of the war .
tanker 242
Corporal

Post by tanker 242 »

iff you listen to what is said at the end of the film in witch james mason plays Rommel you will hear he was given a compliment by [ I think it was winston or monty] about how he came to dispise hittler ,&was part of the plot to remove him & he pay`d for that with his life . tanker242. ps when I was in the army I was posted to munster.

Return to “Ancestors”