Ted Jewkes

The purpose of this board is to post information and pictures of the family members who served have served in any kind of service to their country. In this way we can honour their memory and service.
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Ted Jewkes

Post by edpanzer »

Posted this in another thread and thought my grandad needed to be here.
This is what was so frustrating about my grandfather he wouldn't talk about it much. I know he was a tank driver and was in the British expeditionary force and was evacuated at Dunkirk after a few days waiting on the beach. He then went to Africa and was issued a Sherman which he hated ( about the only thing he told me first hand) and went from Africa to Sicily and on into Italy. He was a career soldier and left the army in 61 as a Sargent. Those are the facts I've gathered buts what's missing is the story's.

Sargent Ted Jewkes I am proud of you.
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Ted Jewkes

Post by jarndice »

ED Hi, My story is a little different, My father was also in the BEF and was evacuated from Dunkirk by Destroyer but unfortunately it was bombed and sunk and my Father was severely injured, he was eventually invalided out of the Army, by the time that happened the United States had joined us in the conflict and was setting up Bomber bases across the UK, My father joined the staff and was employed as an Armourer, this meant he was an employee of the US Government and entitled to the full use of the Post Exchange (US version of the NAAFI) which meant he, my mum, and my elder sister were able to add fresh fruit and meat to their diet it also explains why I was born the heaviest baby in the local hospital between 1939 and 1945, I have in a long and interesting military career sustained a few scrapes and scars but my core health has always been A1 because of the generosity of America and the American people, I cannot think of a greater gift than good health, Just one more reason why I like the people of the United States. We must never forget the men and women who served their country in whatever role in those dark days, We owe them everything. :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Ted Jewkes

Post by edpanzer »

Tribute to my grandfather...yes i know its the wrong model..paint pattern copied from a tiny picture...colours guessed
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC

Return to “Ancestors”