found my Grandfather.

The purpose of this board is to post information and pictures of the family members who served have served in any kind of service to their country. In this way we can honour their memory and service.
jarndice
Colonel

found my Grandfather.

Post by jarndice »

I have found the whole of my family history going back to the 16th century, it helps coming from a military family,(all burocracy keeps records.) there was one exception, my Grandfather Christopher, I knew his family history up to when he joined his regiment ( the OXs and BUCKs) and that was it until today, Two days ago the Commonwealth War Graves Commission released information recently discovered, and I found Christopher, he was 38 when he died and he is in a war grave in Bethune just south of Calais, I have even got his grave number, so perhaps if I can sort it with my lady I shall take the Bandit through the tunnel and spend the day with him. I don't remember being 38, my friends got me blind drunk even though we were on active service, then fixed it so I spent the next day in the Battalion aid centre to recover, I hope Christopher's 38th was in the company of his friends, I didn't know how I would feel when I found him, now I have it feels like he is safe and at peace surrounded by his friends and countrymen. shaun
Last edited by jarndice on Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: found my Grandfather.

Post by PainlessWolf »

Shaun,
Godspeed and may the deep peace of the Earth abide with you and your Grandfather.
Warmest regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Ancestors”