WW 2 military service rememberance

The purpose of this board is to post information and pictures of the family members who served have served in any kind of service to their country. In this way we can honour their memory and service.
Scottie
Recruit

WW 2 military service rememberance

Post by Scottie »

My dad was Sgt. Theodore Stanish in the Army air corps Mediterranean and Pacific theaters, His brother Henry U.S. army infantry, William U.S. Army infantry in Burma, Joseph U.S. Navy Pacific and their half brother Sgt. Marcin Michalak in the free Polish Army after escaping the Germans in 39. On my mothers side John Scarfo U.S. Army infantry KIA Normandy and brother Carmello who was conscripted into the Italian Army in Torino and served in North Afrika and Sicily Until the Italian Army capitulated, was sent to a labor camp and escaped. He then fought with the Partizens until the end of the war. My father inlaw Fredrick Hurst served in the eighth Air Force B-24s out of England. Volunteered to be transferred to the continent as a mechanic and was posted at a captured former German airbase in Belgium that was originally a monestary. If any one could help identify the Monestary base for me It would be appreciated. Also if any of you know how to trace the military record of someone in the Polish Army During WW 2 it would I would be most thankful.
Scottie
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: WW 2 military service rememberance

Post by ALPHA »

HUP!!!

ALPHA

Return to “Ancestors”