my grandad's....

The purpose of this board is to post information and pictures of the family members who served have served in any kind of service to their country. In this way we can honour their memory and service.
seamusagleann
Recruit

my grandad's....

Post by seamusagleann »

........name was Patrick "Fizz"Mulldoon from county Cork in the Republic of Ireland,sad to say I never ever met him ,just what my mother told me, he lost his right hand by a grenade in w w 1, left him just his thumb . In later years he worked in a coal mine in Bo'ness, as a face miner. According to family he was typically a red haired Irishman and had a temper to match ,I see it in myself and my daughter and it looks as if my granddaughter has inherited it as well and she's only turned two. One day Fizz had his bottle of beer stolen ,while down the mine,later he was waiting at the pit head pacing up and down,when someone asked what he was doing,he replied that he was waiting to see if anyone burped ,then he was going to "have" the person ,only "person" wasn't the word used ,more a "question of parentage" lol :O
Hey,I have something to say!! It's Better To Burn Out Than To Fade Away!!!!

Return to “Ancestors”