Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team Armoured Division

Zed750Jay
Recruit

Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team Armoured Division

Post by Zed750Jay »

We are part of the Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team who have been entertaining the public for over 30 years with our mock battles using ‘theatrical effects’. One of the most popular displays we do is our D Day landing and French village one.
We do not do IR battles, rather a choreographed recreation of one while setting off numerous pyro charges and smoke.
The battles will become more complex as our members control skills improve and the models are upgraded - we still have several early Heng Long’s which are not the easiest to control!

If you are local and fancy this kind of thing we meet at the Explosion Museum, Gosport on Thursday nights from about 7:30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cmryanuk
Lance Corporal

Re: Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team Armoured Division

Post by cmryanuk »

I met Alan and Dave at the SWMC at Bovington today. What a lovely bunch and the brought some amazing tanks along. The accuracy and detail is second to none, and many are based on real vehicles and their crew. Don't be put off by the name, they're not just boats. They do an amphibious assault with pyrotechnics and I can't wait to see it.
Tanks: HL Tiger1 (early, 131), Tamiya Tiger 1 (mid) SS Abt.101 334, HL Snow Leopard
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team Armoured Division

Post by Ad Lav »

He’s not been active for over 2 1/2 years…

Return to “Clubs around the world”