NORTH BRISBANE RC TANK CLUB

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

NORTH BRISBANE RC TANK CLUB

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well, ventured out in to the real world today with just the wife & I, all my tanks in tow.
Went up the the NBRCTC day.
Had the pleasure of meeting a few of the faces to names only known to me through the net.
Jagdtiger, King Tigers, KV 85's, Pz IV's, M51 Sherman, Leo 2, just a hell of a line up.
All running ELMOD boards which sound incredibly real.
My poor things with some running RX 18 H/L and others on the 2.4 H/L just didn't rate in my opinion.
One thing to look right, quite the leap to have the sound as well.

Must say very welcoming group, great models, wives & kids there too.
I had a bad day tank wise, blew a track off my King Tiger, wife blew a wheel off the Pz III schlepper, battery failure on my Zu Fuss Panther, and another battery issue with the White Tiger.
New battery packs will soon sort those out, but I think I left my Panther turned on for days on end before I got there.

A good day cut short by family commitments, but a big thanks to Ken and his crew for a great day & warm welcome.
Photos when I can
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: NORTH BRISBANE RC TANK CLUB

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Club invited to display at a railway show !!

Lots of interest, several offers to purchase, and a few breakdowns.
More pics as they come to hand but here's a start.
Attachments
image.jpeg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Looks and sounds like you had good fun.

Understand what you mean about the sounds - HL don't exactly excel in this area but there are ways around it. Dbc and a sound card?

Benedini tbs mini

Elmod

IBU

I for one am thinking of using the tbs mini after hearing it in a friends 1:6th tank.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

So, the price of seeing action for the Bix fleet

- Blown final drive Panther Zu Fuss (Taigen black steel gearbox - not repaired- unlikely with the detail on hull)
- 2 broken leaf springs on Panzer IV (repaired)
- Drive sprocket separation & dropping on White Tiger (repaired)Looked authentic as it happened traversing a trench!!
- Separated rear roadwheel assembly on Pig Stug (repaired)
- Track pins working out on Octopus King Tiger(repairs ongoing)

T34/85 ran flawlessly, was the lightest on battery and needed no in-field repairs.

Great 2 days of scaring kids and the odd adult as well @)

A lot of interest, in fact one guy went out and bought a HL King Tiger & T34 then came back to go over them with us !

Thanks to Ken & Lana, Brandon, Damo and the rest of the team for a great weekend.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I don't think I have ever been to a tank meet where at least one of my tanks developed a problem of one sort or another. Bits fall off, wires come loose etc.

I know what you mean about the Elmod boards, I have two, there is nothing on the market that comes close, it's not just the sounds, it's the whole programmability thing, the gear changes, volume and well, yes, the studio quality sound etc. :thumbup:

Keep the pics coming, that's tanks, not sausages! :P
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ha, well the shop at the show was great, especially on the Sunday morning when I arrived late with a swagger & haze from a huge night out (a quiet few drinks with friends-you know how those end up !)
I will transfer the facebook pics into this thread asap.

I will really try to get the Elmod system and recoil into the jagdtiger as it really is the peak of achievement to see it all working.

Also, as I seem to have a penchant for frightening the onlookers, Im motivated to build a working Flampanzer III
All facets are sorted apart from flame ignition, but I think im close on that too @)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I am sure someone on the Forum was planning a working Cromwell/Churchill Crocodile,
I wonder what happened to it ??
The trouble with building a working flamethrower is that unless the whole Tank is made out of metal the first time out could leave you with a puddle of melted plastic :{
Very entertaining for those watching except perhaps for the builder :lolno:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

See this re a flamethrowing tank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Zss8BINrw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... tNWnzWB4ag

I think this comes under the heading of 'don't try this at home!' or at least while the other half is anywhere around!!!

:crazy: :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As long as the barrel is metal, the rest will be fine.
Its just a way of squirting lighter fluid out, and lighting it on demand !
A BB barrel on a Pz III will do for the heat resistance, and I have a pump lined up for the fluid.
I will see about a 'hot-spring' inside the barrel as an ignitor, but I feel the flow of liquid will soon cool the filament off to quick.
Might have to be the pilot light system as in your videos.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tank day tomorrow, cant wait. Batteries charging, spares & tool box ready..............out at 0630 I hope.
Really want to dust my PzIV properly.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Clubs around the world”