Bristol Armoured Division

wibblywobbly
Major

Bristol Armoured Division

Post by wibblywobbly »

It seems like there are a few people interested in forming a group in the Bristol area (that includes anywhere in Glos, Somerset, Wiltshire etc etc)

The basis of the group will be:

No membership fees.
No attendance at a meet fees.
No insurance required unless the land/building owner requires it.

There will be no rules as such, just plain common sense.
There won't be any club officials, we are just a group of individuals who want to share our enjoyment of the hobby with others.

The only 'rule' will be that instead of paying membership attendance fees, you bring a piece of battlefield scenery to a meet. Eg 10 members = 10 items, and if you can build/bring more then so much the better. As a guide a building needs to be at least 10 inches tall, but not so tall that members can't see their tank on the other side of it.

The aim is to make the hobby as cheap as possible so that we attract as many as possible.

What we do not have at the moment is anywhere to meet. Scout huts etc cost money, so if anyone knows of anywhere that we can meet at minimal/zero cost in the area, please post something up. I am in Bristol, but land and buildings are expensive and scarce, but I will keep my eye open. ;)

It is unlikely that we will get together until the spring weather arrives, so everyone has plenty of time to get tanks built/running and scenery built. :clap:

The avatar, logo and banner below may be freely copied, I am not claiming copyright etc. :angel:

There are now clubs forming around the country, so it's about time that we had one. :think:

Cheers

RobG
Attachments
BAD Logo.jpg
BAD Logo curve2.gif
BAD Logo curve2.gif (85.95 KiB) Viewed 2514 times
BAD Logo Avatar forum.gif
BAD Logo Avatar forum.gif (5.54 KiB) Viewed 2514 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1