BB

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: BB

Post by jarndice »

The biggest single problem is that Heng Long is a Toy maker and if they lost sales to their niche market of 8 to 14 year old children especially at this time of year because the law prohibited the sale of a profitable product to anyone under 18 they would simply stop making them,
Whether you like Heng Long Tanks or not they are the market leaders and what Heng Long does so do Taigen, Torro and all the company's making aftermarket upgrades.
Before Heng Long produced their first R/C Tiger 1 for pennies the only place you could get a R/C Tiger 1 was from Tamiya and they were expensive then and they are expensive now,
The hobby that we enjoy did not exist in the days before Heng Long,
I would hate to return to those dark days because I promise that if Heng Long withdraws from our hobby the prices will rocket.
There is a 12 year old boy just down the road from us whose dad buys him 1/24 Heng long tanks and every now and then he will bring one of them in and ask if I can fix it,
Of course I can, we all know how easy Heng Long tanks are to work on,
That kind of market would disappear overnight if the BB gun in an airsoft Tank was uprated.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: BB

Post by Max-U52 »

You need to step up in scale, Wardog, and investigate paintball. This 1/6 Hetzer uses CO2 and I use the little bottles from home fountain set-ups. I'm also trying to set up a camera for the Little Pilot FPV screen attached to the TX. A laser pointer would be awesome, but I'm not sure I can pull it off. Maybe. We're not giving up yet. Here's 20 seconds of paintball fire, followed by a bit on the Hetzer itself.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

So what kind of laws do they have on paintball where you live? That's a .50 caliber paintball cannon in the Hetzer, BTW.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”