Spam

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: Spam

Post by jackalope »

We get them as soon as we log on and see them. It's not like we can be here 24-7-365! Sorry sir being a mod here doesn't pay the bills, gotta go to work, the kiddies have got used to eating and such. ;)

But please everyone keep reporting them so they stay high lighted so we can ban them as soon as we're able to log in. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I get PM's from many that see these and if I can, I get in and ban them straight away.
Cant always get to them as fast as necessary to prevent them being viewed, but appreciate the PMs and patience.

We do get them, but unless we are sitting all day watching, some will linger..................
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

The only checks you can have are to whether you can read the letter/number puzzle thingy which proves a person. Not sure there's any other security that would work.

The Mods do a good job, so not all that worried.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

RobW wrote:The only checks you can have are to whether you can read the letter/number puzzle thingy which proves a person. Not sure there's any other security that would work.

The Mods do a good job, so not all that worried.
Cheers Mr Rob, us 'normal' mods are not privy to the techno behind the scenes of the join up functionality here.
That would be a question for Mr Dragon and him alone.
Im sure that if there was a way of stopping this incursion 100%, then it would be done, but as to how, couldn't tell you for sure.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

magman wrote:Sorry Herman, sometimes I forget you are mere mortals like us. :haha:

A new member, would make the first post which is held for approval, looked at and then approved after being checked by the mods. :wave:

Good call Mr Magman.............some other sites do this & now I know why.
Please send Mr dragon a PM regarding this, and Im sure I will as well.
If this is possible for him to set up, it could be another barrier to the increased spam we seem to be experiencing lately.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Magman, it's all good my friend just letting you know we do try our best for you all.

We get em as soon as we see em! :D
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

magman wrote:A new member, would make the first post which is held for approval, looked at and then approved after being checked by the mods. :wave:

EXCELLENT IDEA sir! I see Herman already saw it too.
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

Very well done Mods , I'm guessing 'Jackalope as he was online , in kicking that spam freak out and quickly cleaning up a lot of threads.
Good work mate.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Yes I think a hearty THANK YOU to all the mods for the sterling (and unpaid) work they do in keeping the site free of the scum who keep trying to muck up our forum. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keep up the great work guys, we all really appreciate what you do. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Alwyn :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Thanks guys, we really do try.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”