Help a noob :)

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
N00B Tanker
Recruit

Help a noob :)

Post by N00B Tanker »

Hey guys I'm new too this hobby and was wanting too know if there is any Tiger Rc kits similar too the tamiya kit but a little bit less pricey thanks for your help :thumbup:
tanker 242
Corporal

Re: Help a noob :)

Post by tanker 242 »

hi NOOB Tanker ,there are two that I can think of off hand they are heng long, & taigen, but there are a few more as well ,tanker 242.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Heng long, taigen, I don't know if mato still do them, depends what you are going to do with it, airsoft, infra red battling, shelf queen, or a detailed model? There are three versions of the Tiger, early, mid and late...honest to goodness there is no such thing as just a simple Tiger tank. :-)
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

what you recon your budget is ?
Drammen Rock City
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi NOOB, It would be helpful if you gave a little more detail, You speak of an alternative to the Tamiya Tiger 1 kit almost as though you expect all the R/C Tiger 1s are in kit form, !!!
In fact off the top of my head the only other Tiger 1 kit is by Trumpeter, And that comes with so much internal detail that you would be wasting a lot of money and time converting it to R/C and of course wasting a lot of the kit to do the conversion. :/
All the other makers of Tiger 1s that I can think of are RTR (Ready to Run) and they are Heng Long /Taigen /Torro and Mato, who also make an all metal Tiger 1, Budget for an upto date Digital 2.4 GhZ £200 to £450. :crazy:
How good are you with R/C ? Because the main makers of Tiger 1s in R/C depending on the maker have crude to quite advanced Electrics, it depends on whether you buy cheap old stock or more expensive new stock, :think:
For instance on E-BAY right now "Hobby Power" are selling a new Heng Long 1/16 R/C Tiger 1 for £60, these people also trade as "Howes" of Kidlington in Oxfordshire and have a very good reputation for fair dealing but it is almost certainly 27Mhz rather than the later 2.4 GhZ Digital for which you would expect to pay a lot more,
But if you intend to put in an aftermarket control board then this is ideal because the actual Tank whether it is 27 MhZ or 2.4 GhZ is pretty much the same thing. :thumbup:
If you want a Tank to run around the garden and amuse the Kids (Big ones as well as Small)Buy a cheap Heng Long,
But if you are a "Builder" who wants to make an accurate facsimile then you are going to have to spend a lot of both time on research and building the Tank (we can help you there)as well as very deep pockets, we cannot help you there. Good luck and let us know more detail of what you are after.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

Taigen does a Tiger 1 kit that allows you to build it in IR, air soft, or a static model. If I'm not mistaken, Painlesswolf had one.
Joe
N00B Tanker
Recruit

Post by N00B Tanker »

Thanks for the advice guys and I do apologise I should have been a bit more specific I'm looking for something complicated too build and I really like the design of the Tiger and yes would like too make it as detail as possible
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Of course you are quite right JOE, I had forgotten about the TAIGEN 3 in 1 Tiger 1 kit,
My excuse is that I have not seen many outlets for it this side of the "pig vater" (Watership Down) (I am reading it to the Grandchildren at the moment)
As affordable Tiger 1 kits go it is probably the cheapest and most usable available..
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
N00B Tanker
Recruit

Post by N00B Tanker »

Thanks guys I shall definitely look at taigen you've been so helpful with your advice guys I've been other forums for different hobbies and it's not so readily available definetly going too enjoy being apart of this community :)
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

jarndice wrote:Of course you are quite right JOE, I had forgotten about the TAIGEN 3 in 1 Tiger 1 kit,
My excuse is that I have not seen many outlets for it this side of the "pig vater" (Watership Down) (I am reading it to the Grandchildren at the moment)
As affordable Tiger 1 kits go it is probably the cheapest and most usable available..
Shaun.
I have never seen photo's of one completed on any of the tank forums I belong to. Just Erik's advertising video on "Youtube". Taigen/IMEX is now offering the Jagdtiger in kit form as well. It doesn't appear to be much of a kit however.
Joe

Return to “General Discussion”