Help a noob :)

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Help a noob :)

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Tankzone do a metal Torro Tiger http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/torro_t1_kit_inf.htm. It has no electronics or smoke though.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Tankzone do a metal Torro Tiger http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/torro_t1_kit_inf.htm. It has no electronics or smoke though.
Thanks for that surfer, I didn't know that one existed.
Joe
N00B Tanker
Recruit

Post by N00B Tanker »

I keep coming across a website called nitrotek are they reputable?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

NO THEY ARE NOT, Give them a very wide berth, :thumbdown:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
N00B Tanker
Recruit

Post by N00B Tanker »

Thanks mate I must admit there website did look a bit suspect
Rc Panther tank
Recruit

Post by Rc Panther tank »

I need help my rc Panther tank by hen long won't stop making these cranking noises when it turns its the gears I've asked tons of Rc shops if they could fix it they said they don't have the parts and tanks are not common. I don't know how to fix it I've been working on the tank for like 3 hours it won't stop making the noise I tried seeing if their was anything loose I can't tell also I talked to someone they said grease it put wd 40 on the gears I did and it still does not stop making the noises it's the plastic gear rubbing against the metal gear I think it's to loose. I need help.
Rc Panther tank
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

RC TANKER, You raise a number of points the first being that it is not polite to introduce your Problem onto someone else's unrelated thread.
If you have a problem then raise a new thread (TOPIC) in the relevant forum perhaps "titled Gearbox issues ?" And someone with knowledge of your problem will ask you some questions, Such as How old is your Panther and how have you been running it- - - on the carpet or in the garden?,?
You will probably find that the gearbox is worn out and you can fit another Nylon geared replacement or fit a metal pair,
DO NOT replace a Plastic Gearbox with a Heng Long Gearbox, it will fail even quicker.
Taigen make good replacement gearboxes for Heng Long/Taigen and Torro Tanks ,
Do remember different Tanks use different gearboxes IE-- Long Shaft/Short Shaft, High mounted motors/low mounted motors so don't buy the first gearbox thinking they are all the same they are not.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Discussion”