Sorting builds

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Sorting builds

Post by jarndice »

That's not a bad idea except if you are looking for something specific to, for instance a PZ4 and something concerning an IBU 2 or comparing "Impact" tracks,
It pretty much has to be all embracing because I reckon the "OTHER" folder could be full of everything concerning all Tanks and the Tank folders almost empty,
Now tell me I have missed the point. :lolno:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

Yep would agree it's a great idea... seen and used on another forum works very well..
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

I agree and think it's a great idea. As you said, the frustration comes from having to read everything but what you are looking for.
Joe
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

My apologies Sir, As we both say, I did miss the point, :haha: :haha:
Yes you make good sense, :thumbup:
Shaun.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just a suggestion, as I also encounter the same problem, even when trying to find old posts of my own. There are times when someone will ask me something and I know that I posted a detailed response to the same question at some point somewhere, so I go looking for it so that I can give them the link.

To find my posts I go into my User Control Panel and search 'my' posts, it's a much shorter list. It also means that if threads have been reorganised during forum updates, then I will still find them no matter where they might be. The same can be done to search any members posts, just click on their name, and search only their posts.

Sometimes people wonder why it is a good idea to stay on topic when posting, well this question goes some way towards providing the answer. If a thread on say, Panthers, contains a chat about fairy cakes, then anyone searching on Panthers ends up having to trawl through umpteen posts in a multitude of threads that aren't related to the subject that they are searching for. There are some keywords that will generate pages and pages of results, it's a bit of a chore when I know that there is a post in there somewhere from maybe 12 months ago. :/

I'm not suggesting that we should adhere to some cardinal rule about being friendly and chatty, quite the opposite, however if someone does want a chinwag we do of course have the Off Topic area where anyone can chat about whatever they like, tank related or anything else that they wish.

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

As someone only too often guilty of that, my excuse is that such off the wall comments are almost always sparked by something in the thread and once 3 or 4 people have got it up and running it takes a MODERATOR to stop it, :haha: :haha:
Did you see what I did there ?
Shaun.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I am in Stevie Wonder mode, it's a dual personality thing.... :lolno:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jarndice wrote:As someone only too often guilty of that, my excuse is that such off the wall comments are almost always sparked by something in the thread and once 3 or 4 people have got it up and running it takes a MODERATOR to stop it, :haha: :haha:
Did you see what I did there ?
Shaun.
Sorry, I wasn't listening, eh ?
How about Lewis Hamilton trying to ruin the F1 World Championship for Rosberg.................hes getting a bit like Vettel for my liking. He cant win it now, but hes dead keen to make sure his team mate doesn't either. :thumbdown:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I see what you did there. lolol.

Anyway I can't stand Hamilton, just a jumped up pretentious, egotistical, show off, but Rosberg is a good guy.

I am still trying to play You Are The Sunshine Of My Life on a Panzer III....
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

You missed out highly overpaid.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”