Problem with posting

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
wibblywobbly
Major

Problem with posting

Post by wibblywobbly »

I keep getting this screen each time I try and post anything, I hit resend and it goes through ok, anyone know if it is my end or the forum?
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (52.6 KiB) Viewed 4324 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: Problem with posting

Post by Tankbear »

Don't know if it's related but when I post using my iPad I get lost connection, so have to go back a page/screen click send again and posts.

I just put it down to taking too long to type my message.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Why are you asking WIBBLY ? You know it's your fault. :haha:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Plus only noticed it in last week which coincided with returning from holiday so thought was related to iPad using a different network settings.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

It's a firewall or net nanny setting - I don't see some adverts on here or LinkedIn while at work. I also can't get to several sites incase I see something I shouldn't (Ludwig's being one of them) and buy weapons, drugs or beer..... Ironically several client sites are blocked because of this.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I think it stems from Firefox. I moved over to Chrome.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

silversurfer1947 wrote:I think it stems from Firefox. I moved over to Chrome.
I do indeed use Firefox, but it seems odd that this is the only site where this issue occurs. According to the message, it is something to do with the site certificate. I use ad-blockers, cookie destruction, no tracking, no history, and anything else that keeps the snoopers and spammers at bay, so as to whether one of those is causing the problem I've no idea? It's either that or the NSA intercepting anything that contains the words 'Flak 88', 'Shoot you next Sunday', or 'Where can I buy a 50 cal machine gun'! :haha:

Snoopy and Matt are well versed in forum management, and have set things up very securely, so apart from this recent issue, it always runs spot on.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Rob if its not Firefox or the NSA it could be GCHQ lol

regards pete
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/se ... or-message
Maybe Snoopy and Matt haven't kept the TLS (Transport Layer Security) up to day. Naughty boys.. At least, this is what Mozilla might suggest. That said, I get timeouts on Safari too with RCTW.. @) but at least these settings can be adjusted in the browser preferences by the user (Moi in this instance)...if it's a browser issue. Should it be a website issue requiring a spot of juggling, well....fingers out, boys! As with Tankbear, timeouts have been become more frequent for me recently. 'Safari can't connect with the server' is the message irking me currently. Clicking 'refresh' usually does the trick, but it's a bit annoying, and breaks the chain of thought...if thought's needed. Deleting cookies and starting afresh should reveal whether the problem starts RCTW and it's security layer, or with a clutch of browsers it chats to. :S
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
pedal2metal
Private

Post by pedal2metal »

I get that same msg... And have lost some lengthy comments, so now I have been cutting and pasting the text first to be safe before i hit the submit button.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”