Searching for posted threads

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Searching for posted threads

Post by Max-U52 »

One of the things I like is being able to search a member's posts in case I need information that he's posted, but I was thinking how it would make those kinds of searches much quicker if I could search for a thread posted by a specific member. I mean, If I know a certain guy has posted a thread on say, how to do a mud wash on a KV-1, I can search for that thread instead of going through all his posts looking for the thread title. Also, most guys post a lot more that they create threads so that also saves time. If I'm looking for a members thread I don't have to sift through all the stuff he's posted in other members' threads, I can just get straight to the juicy stuff.

Does anyone else think that would be helpful? To be able to see a list of a members started threads, as well as posts? Would it be difficult to add this feature? I know it's possible, as I've seen it on other hobby forums, but I don't know how much hassle it would be, so maybe I ask too much?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Scooby

Re: Searching for posted threads

Post by Scooby »

It already exists in the search area: search.php

Type their username in the "Search for author:" box.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I know this won't totally answer your question but I find that typing in a few words of relevance in the search box on the top right of this page gets me where I want to be usually.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Scooby wrote:It already exists in the search area: search.php

Type their username in the "Search for author:" box.
Thanks, Scooby, but you'll have to be a little more specific. I go to the members profile and then I do what? I tried searching php and I tried entering search for author but got no where.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

If I'm understanding you correctly you want to search for threads started by a particular user? In which case you can't do that on the search page. I've added a "Search user’s topics" link on peoples profiles so you can view their started topics. Hopefully that is what you were after?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That's AWEsome!! Exactly what I meant! Now if I know there's a good thread about, say, the Famo, and I know it has stuff i need and i know who's thread it is I can find it quickly. That's phenomenal!!

Of course, if I had known a wish would come true that easily I would've said something like, I wish I had an RC Deuce-and-a-Half! @) @)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

MAX!!!! Where were you when I told Moni (Jake's Girlfriend) about that feature :wtf: ...No matters lol...you know now :haha:
Just one word of advice....don't be searching my posts....there's a good chance you won't come away with any sanity left :angel:

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ALPHA wrote:MAX!!!! Where were you when I told Moni (Jake's Girlfriend) about that feature :wtf: ...No matters lol...you know now :haha:
Just one word of advice....don't be searching my posts....there's a good chance you won't come away with any sanity left :angel:

ALPHA
If you do, wear a welding helmet to guard against a bad dose of PINK-EYE !!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”