An idea for a more meaningful "rank" system for the forum.

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: An idea for a more meaningful "rank" system for the foru

Post by HERMAN BIX »

scalawag wrote:Well at least this has generated some intelligent discussion about this subject.

On reflection I still like the "like" button idea regardless of whether it is linked to a rank system.

I can agree that the current structure offers recognition for participation, but meaningful contribution I'm not so sure. And if it doesn't matter then surely it would not matter either if it was not there anymore.

Again just musings on how the conversation has developed.

Any contributions on this from the moderation team?

Paul

For me, all I can say is the rank system is a novel sideline to the real purpose of joining any of these forums.................participation & interaction.
Out of context, an answer to a posting such as "ok,thanks" is of no value, but adds to the post-count for rank.
In context it could mean an awful lot for the over all health & goodwill of the board as a whole for example.

I again see any form of 'jury' style vote on any aspect to be open to pack mentality, and perhaps abuse of intent.
Its a tough one.

Boiled down, if a person does not like or agree with a point, or opinion put by another, the 'X' button shall prevail and calm demeanor should be demonstrated.
If that point or opinion is acceptable, interaction then continues as a demonstrable example of acceptance.

We are not being forced to live together eh !!!!!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”